Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once again we have reached a demonstration of the forum equivalent of Clarke's Law, to wit: "Sufficiently advanced Dunning-Kruger effect is indistinguishable from trolling and vice-versa."

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Once again we have reached a demonstration of the forum equivalent of Clarke's Law, to wit: "Sufficiently advanced Dunning-Kruger effect is indistinguishable from trolling and vice-versa."

Ok that is very polite way of saying something without saying it outright, very very well put and my respect

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you really want to learn a deadly Brazilian art for street fighting....Learn Capoeira....which is spanish for the art of the fighting chicken originating from the cockfighting pits of Tijuana by the great but deadly El Diablo. El Diablo's motto which still rings true today....if your not first your last.
Wow. With this one post you have displayed as much ignorance as the OP.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
Coming late to this and trying to provide a balanced view:

Most BJJ academies that I know do some simple standing SD techniques so it's not entirely absent
Probably SD accounts for 5-10% of mat time

BJJ gives you a lot of highly resistive hands on grappling time which I think provides a great skill set to look after yourself. However, SD is a different thing and I do think that the BJJ community have a tendency to over-emphasise the SD cross over (and the non-BJJ community tend to under-emphasise the SD cross over)

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Look back in this thread
I only see the videos in the OP of him "analyzing" youtube fights. I wanted to see him dodging nerf guns and applying chokes. Do I have to sign up on his site to see those? Or are they in the middle of his analysis videos?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I only see the videos in the OP of him "analyzing" youtube fights. I wanted to see him dodging nerf guns and applying chokes. Do I have to sign up on his site to see those? Or are they in the middle of his analysis videos?

No, separate videos.

If you follow any of the video links here to YouTube, then click his name, then go to "videos" and scroll down they're all there.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

The choke is in this thread and the nerf is in the thread starting sd in nc I think

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. With this one post you have displayed as much ignorance as the OP.

tenor.gif

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've just looked at this guys videos and almost every video is called why insert style here gets you killed in self defence. Oh and a video of him telling sparring stories and a few fake wrestling videos....well that tells me all I need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.