Whoa!! I'm shooting a wedding in 2 weeks!

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back in the day when I was an aspiring photographer I had shot a few weddings myself. My favorite was being the photographer for an African American couple... I was the only white guy there... best thing was I didn't feel at all out of place and everyone treated me the same and that was a good feeling... back in the day.

One of my favorite things to do at weddings was the "formal wedding kiss" after the nuptials and cake and bla bla bla... I gotten the couple together and instructed them to kiss each other like they meant it and to hold it til I got the shot that I wanted... once they started, I break off and start chatting with one of the other guests about how wunnerful wedding are and how romantic and bla bla... the couple still held the kiss but were waiting for me to take the shot... if they looked like they were going to break it then I admonished them "hey, what did I say?... alright hold it... hold it... hold it... (for about at least 30 more seconds)" then take the shot... by then the couple were trying hard not to break up laughing... t'was fun.

Good luck on your first shoot. Remember plan out your shots, make sure of the focus and more importantly take your time. Think about how you'd want YOUR wedding pictures to turn out. Your niece will appreciate it much later.

:asian:

Its impossible to read this without smiling :D

That must have been a fantastic time :)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
About to go buy zoom. I'll need to rent portrait lenses.

Hoping the weather holds so I can test the zoom out a bit ;)

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good lick. Hope it goes well, I have confidence you will do great!

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
Extra batteries and SD cards as others have said.

What worked well at my wedding, don't be too invasive, take posed pictures of course but get lots of unposed natural shots as well.
Try to get some key moments during the wedding ceremony and celebration make a list of important moments throughout so you can be prepared in advance.
Take lots of pictures, better too many than too little.

What I loved about the photographers at my wedding.

Very low profile, they never got in the way or felt intrusive.
They took alot of pictures during the ceremony without being intrusive and while being prepared, they knew what was happening in advance in terms of ceremony and party.
Very quick with the posed pictures, they had ideas in advance so little time was wasted standing around.
They were able to get everyone together for the pictures quickly.
They took tons of pictures, ( I think it was like 4000+) so we had plenty to choose from.

I had about 250 guests at my wedding so obviously you should have an easier time.

Be prepared and good luck.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a beautiful wedding :)

5873903223_5fa607efbd.jpg