Who here carries concealed and how?

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
The alternative would be to risk going to jail since in NJ where I spend much of my time you can't carry.

Well there is your problem....you are in New Jersey.

Now that we have identified the core problem you can fix it.;)

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Spare tires, fire extinguishers, and door locks are not illegal here in NJ but carrying a gun usually is unless you're a police officer or if you're in some other profession that involves carrying guns.
You have now changed your discussion point.
Your original statement and point was: "I just don't find myself up against bad guys with guns all that often."
All that often implies it does happen and but not enough times apparently, for you, to carry in order to defend yourself.
Now you are saying you don't carry because you can not legally carry where you are. This is a valid point but is a completely different discussion point.
And New Jersey has a Permit to Carry license.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have now changed your discussion point.
Your original statement and point was: "I just don't find myself up against bad guys with guns all that often."
All that often implies it does happen and but not enough times apparently, for you, to carry in order to defend yourself.
Now you are saying you don't carry because you can not legally carry where you are. This is a valid point but is a completely different discussion point.
I've never been up against a criminal with a gun. Hopefully I won't. Carrying might be a good idea since theres always a first time but there is the legality of being able to carry that comes into play. I don't expect to carry in NJ anytime soon for that reason.

And New Jersey has a Permit to Carry license.

Technically they do but they're really hard to get. You more or less have to be a police officer to get a New Jersey Carry Permit.