Who here carries concealed and how?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometimes I carry with a round chambered, sometimes I don't. Quite comfortable both ways. Always qualify both hands as well, been doing that since the eighties. That came in handy yesterday as I had to clear some defunct storage areas that had no lights and strange twist and turns. (a few I had never been in before) Sure wakes you up in a hurry on an otherwise peaceful day.

Afterwards I had a triple expresso - just to bring my heart rate down. :)

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man Buka....get you some backup before you start clearing areas. You ain't at Neo level yet.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm old, bro, more at Morpheus level. :)

You know how it goes, set up a wide perimeter and close. We were spread out, but it all worked out.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at that holster it looks like you might just be putting it in a bind.

If you are carrying past 3 o'clock try reaching around behind and instead of grasping the pistols handle....grasp the pistol below the handle around the trigger guard and slide.

This will make it easier to draw it more straight up and eliminate the bind you are putting on it.

Of course you will have change your grip afterwards but the main thing is getting it out of the holster.
I'll get it out and give that a try later. That might be what I've been doing that makes it drawable. In any case, my point was that someone who reaches in and tries to take the gun from that holster is really just attaching themselves to my hip. Makes a nice point from which to break their structure, for an Aikido guy. I get to keep the gun and stay on my feet. They probably don't get either.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I carry with a round chambered, sometimes I don't. Quite comfortable both ways. Always qualify both hands as well, been doing that since the eighties. That came in handy yesterday as I had to clear some defunct storage areas that had no lights and strange twist and turns. (a few I had never been in before) Sure wakes you up in a hurry on an otherwise peaceful day.

I worry about the folks in blue when y'all have to do that kind of stuff. Too many movies, too many friends in blue.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm glad all that came out good for you guys, bro.

I've always worked both hands when shooting. I think my dad actually started me on that, but I'm not sure.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I worry about the folks in blue when y'all have to do that kind of stuff. Too many movies, too many friends in blue.

Me, too.
But what I do should not be confused with actual Police work. It was on that day, but that's an exception rather than the rule. Ninety percent of the time we are nothing more than uniformed baby sitters.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me, too.
But what I do should not be confused with actual Police work. It was on that day, but that's an exception rather than the rule. Ninety percent of the time we are nothing more than uniformed baby sitters.
Ninety percent of the time, I don't have to worry about you, brother.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A little Saturday strings action...

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Usually I don't carry. I am more than capable of taking care of myself without carrying. Even though some people might say that Im getting up there in years I can handle myself just fine without carrying a weapon. As for those who do carry, if they meet the legal requirements for doing so than as far as Im concerned that's their choice but as for me, I usually don't see a need to carry.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Usually I don't carry. I am more than capable of taking care of myself without carrying. Even though some people might say that Im getting up there in years I can handle myself just fine without carrying a weapon. As for those who do carry, if they meet the legal requirements for doing so than as far as Im concerned that's their choice but as for me, I usually don't see a need to carry.

Bulletproof Monk?

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
No. I just don't find myself up against bad guys with guns all that often.

I understand but playing devils advocate.

What happens that day you do find yourself up against them.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
No. I just don't find myself up against bad guys with guns all that often.
Have a spare tire on your vehicle? Find yourself up against flat tires often?
Have a fire extinguisher in your home? Find yourself up against uncontrolled fires often?
Have locks on your doors and use them? Find yourself with people just walking into your home often?

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have a spare tire on your vehicle? Find yourself up against flat tires often?
Have a fire extinguisher in your home? Find yourself up against uncontrolled fires often?
Have locks on your doors and use them? Find yourself with people just walking into your home often?

Spare tires, fire extinguishers, and door locks are not illegal here in NJ but carrying a gun usually is unless you're a police officer or if you're in some other profession that involves carrying guns.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Turn your back on a gun. Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

That would depend on the situation. Lets say Im unarmed and Im in some public area such as a mall, movie theater, ect. and suddenly a mass shooter comes along and starts shooting up the place. My first course of action would be to find the nearest cover and than to try to get to the closest exit.