Who are the top JKD instructors in the world ?

Mr Mojo Lane

White Belt
Reaction score
Besides the obvious, Inosanto and Bustillo, I would go with Burton Richardson. The guy is a BJJ BB, Dog Brother and certified under Illustrisimo. I had a chance to take a couple of free classes under the guy in Hawaii and they were great. I chose to study at HMC, however, because of my schedule.

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
iv learned a bit from Kevin Seaman, Francis Fong, Keith Allan, Tim Tackett, Jim McCann.
All of them have great skill and all have lineage back to Guro Inosanto as well.

simplicity

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've been told by many of Bruce Lee's students, that I have a great group of martial artist and that something good is going here... :uhyeah:

Don Daly

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Professor Gary Dill teaches the authentic Oakland JKD and also does seminars if you are interested. He is more interested in preserving the original roots of Bruce Lee's JKD for those who are interested. His system is called Self-Defense Systems Jeet Kune Do and he is the head of the Jeet Kune Do Association.
If you live in Denver, Sifu Paul Hart (4th degree under Gary Dill) has also had training under Bill Shaw (Steve Golden line) and other original JKD students.

Last edited:

CK1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Guru Dan Inosanto would have to be one of the greatest JKD teachers still living... Remember, he was a close friend to the late Bruce Lee and spent years learning from him... He was also one of the first students Bruce Lee personally gave a black belt to.

simplicity

Green Belt
Reaction score
Guru Dan Inosanto would have to be one of the greatest JKD teachers still living... Remember, he was a close friend to the late Bruce Lee and spent years learning from him... He was also one of the first students Bruce Lee personally gave a black belt to.

Sorry, but Bruce Lee never gave a Black Belt to anyone... Also, Bruce Lee never gave a certificate to anyone that said: Instructor on it...

TFP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Guro Scott Brennan out in Washington State.

FizzyCal

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, but Bruce Lee never gave a Black Belt to anyone... Also, Bruce Lee never gave a certificate to anyone that said: Instructor on it...

Bruce Lee DID give certificate of "Rank" however. But I don't understand the snide attitude because you could have easily clarified that.

Guro Inosanto happened to be one of the few Pal Bearers of Bruce Lee at his funeral. Don't know about anyone of the rest of you on here, but that says a ton, in my book, as to who Dan Inosanto really was to Bruce Lee, and who was REALLY close enough to Bruce to know what his ideas really were for JKD.

Not saying that Guro Dan is THE one, and he never would either, but I believe credit is due to him for his role, early on, in JKDs development and research with Bruce Lee.

simplicity

Green Belt
Reaction score
But I don't understand the snide attitude because you could have easily clarified that.

FizzyCal, I clearly was clarifying facts... Nowhere did I say anything about anyone of BLS including the much respected by me Guru Dan Inosanto... Matter of fact, I in the book called "Descendents of The Dragon - The Second generation of Jee Kune Do and Beyond" by Paul Bax (JKD Historian).. I was asked, Paul Bax: Dan Inosanto has been ridiculed over the years for his somewhat abstract way to teach Jeet Kune Do. Your thoughts? John McNabney: Well I respect Dan Inosanto, he was there and I was not! I've trained with him; he is a very nice person. I think people have hattred and jealousy in their hearts. one of the very important principles in Jeet Kune Do searching for the root to your own ignorance and opening up your mind to what is. well, I guess you get what I'm saying here. If I don't care for someone's way of doing things, do I have to tell them? Do I have to say you're wrong and I'm right? What purpose does that achieve?.... So to clarify in that debate between school of thought are very, very old news to me.. Having train in both, I myself don't perscribe to neither... I'm just a Jeet Kune Do man, plain & simple trying to get better... Maybe just maybe it is your snide attitude of what I said that needs to reflect into a mirror... Anyway, good luck to your training and future in martial arts... God Bless, man.... JM

Latest Discussions