White says he's not sure on Kimbo's future but he knows Houston is fired

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-11-2009 02:10 PM:

Dana White wasn't very pleased during the Houston Alexander-Kimbo Slice fight last week at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale. White was so frustrated watching Alexander get on his bicycleand run around the Octagon, that he wanted to leave the arena. The last time he said was the embarrassing performance between Anderson Silva and Thales Leites.

White said if Alexander hasn't been dumped from the roster he will be.As far as Kimbo, White admitted he was proven wrong. Kimbo can fight at a UFC level. White thinks Kimbo belongs down at 205 pounds but doesn't know if he can get there. Kimbo cut down from 230 to 212 for the Alexander fight last week.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah that was a hard fight to watch. Houston is so entertaining one way or another when he goes berzerk. He needed to change his game though. Cudos for trying to not be Conan the barbarian and slay everything in sight. It sucks that the fight was boring but that was probably his first attempt at not going super aggressive.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about Houston WAS his tendency to ATTACK outright and relentlessly. Watching him circle.....and circle and .......wow...
Got dizzy! At first I thought "Good, he's switched up his style a little bit." But eventually I really started to think "No....he's scared of Kimbo and won't enter in."
TOO BAD...
:(

Your Brother
John

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Houston came in with a game plan that was simply bad, Kimbo is given way too much credit so fire both of them.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Houston came in with a game plan that was simply bad, Kimbo is given way too much credit so fire both of them.

I don't think it was necessarily bad, just incomplete and he didn't have the ability to really execute it well.

His kicks where landing, Kimbo didn't have any sort of answer and threw next to nothing back.

But he didn't have enough power in the kicks to do much, and had no follow up to them.

Had those kicks had enough sting to them he could have used them to open Kimbo up and land other things. But as it was he was barely hitting him on most of them and not following up at all.

Both fighters put on a bad show, as poorly executed as that strategy was, Kimbo still had no answer for it, despite him being entirely predictable.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Houston Alexander is like the south park underwear gnomes.

1) attack Kimbo's weak left knee
2) ???
3) VICTORY!

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Going into a fight with the condition: "You have to win this, or else you're out of the UFC." tends to generate a crappy fight. The whole only wins matter unless you're a big name approach the UFC has adopted is what ruined that fight.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
1) attack Kimbo's weak left knee
2) ???
3) VICTORY!
I have NO idea about 'southpark', funny little show, just never get the time to watch it.

But I agree with this part! Houston went out with a plan that could have been written on a post-it note. A small one.

PLAN A: "He's got a weakness. I'll avoid a head on conflict and exploit it!"

What was plan B?

Refer to plan A!

To quote my favorite President: "ALL plans fail upon making contact with the enemy." ~General Eisenhower

Your Brother
John

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kimbo has great knockout power when he is at his normal weight. He dropped to much weight.

Also, Kimbo (at this point) is a one dimensional fighter. He is a big draw, just like Tank Abbot was. But, just like Tank he loses to people that have a complete gameplan that includes clinchwork/takedowns/groundwork.

Houston is also a one dimensional fighter and when two fighters like that meet and one of them doesn't want to engage it will always end up in a boring fight.