Which would you be more frequently using?

Glycerine0160

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know this kind of adds already onto a thread already existing, but say you were to encounter a hostile situation. How would you start it off?

I'm under the impression most people would with with the original JKD to loosen the person up, then when the opportunity arises, throw in some silat or kali?

OTTTT:
One of the secondary instructor's who teaches wednesday classes was having use do more of an intense original jkd day. He's very fond of the original stuff. Anyway, we were doing a lot of punch combinations and working off lead leg kicks in a very fast tempo pattern. Very exhausting, but I noticed something. My right shoulder started hurting. This happens also when I run an endurance run for a few miles. It has nothing do to with me kicking or punching, but anyone know why this is?

ProTaekwondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Same thing happens to me! It is on my collar-bone too and when I played soccer or ran a lot it would hurt really bad. I can't offer any insight as to what it is but I have experienced the same thing.

OP
G

Glycerine0160

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Same thing happens to me! It is on my collar-bone too and when I played soccer or ran a lot it would hurt really bad. I can't offer any insight as to what it is but I have experienced the same thing.

I literally almost got a rebatum response on another board. lol

maybe I should start asking people in the medical/science field when i come across them.