Which style do you feel the easiest? And Why?

Discussion in 'Women of the Martial Arts (Women Martial Artists)' started by evan.fedora, Jul 7, 2018.

1. evan.fedora

evan.fedora Yellow Belt

Hello, Everyone
    I am would love to know which style do you feel the easiest in all situations and by all situations I mean can be applied when wearing heavy Dress, shoes or others. Give me your ideas. Thanks.

2. Martial D

Martial D Senior Master

LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

Boxing. All it really requires is you to achieve a certain range. So if someone grabs you. A usefull escape is to punch them in the face. If someone tries to rob you. Punch them in the face. And so on.

If you can make that one element effective. The all you have to do is get in to a position and then you can start hitting people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rat

Rat Purple Belt

Anything that actually works? I found TKD relatively easy to get into then i started with a sports one in which i knew the person who ran it so i got to learn 4 basic kicks and a straight punch. (granted the forms are disputed and some schools put a big emphasis on that rather than sparring, but some do the reverse) Just do what ever it is you do in the outfit(s) you usually wear to see if it works.

Other than that my only advice would be one of the many "self defence"styles out there as they tend to work with gross motor skills and ease of consumption of habits/techniques/principles. (pending how good the school/teacher is anyway)

5. Buka

Buka Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Welcome to MartialTalk, Evan.fedora.

6. donald1

donald1 Senior Master

I've always thought of tai chi being the easiest. The class I go to does Tai chi forms slow and calm. Where as styles like xing yi are fast and all over the place.

7. drop bear

I am not sure gross motor skills is a good distinction.

Efficient and conservative is what I work from. Which quite often require fine motor skills.

So if I reach out and grab you. I want to do so from my best position of strength to your greatest position of weakness. And that takes a lot of fine technical structuring.

Powerlifting for example is a technique based sport.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rat

Rat Purple Belt

Fair enough. I use it to mean simple and effective strikes/moves since stress can make you work on basically instinct and the easier something to learn/do is the more likely you are to use it alongside the more those moves can be done for the quicker your response is. How ever sometimes you need one tool to fix a very specific problem. Thats the thoughts i subscribe to anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JR 137

JR 137 Senior Master

AK-47 Do Kan. M16 RYU. .357 Magnum Do-Te.

For Grandmasters, look into Glock, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Colt, Remington, and Winchester. Those are the big names in these martial arts, anyway.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. now disabled

now disabled Master Black Belt

By stress are you meaning the fight or flight instinct?
    To work on instinct in any art imo takes many many years for that to come and flow instinctively
    You can teach a person do do most things however for it to become instinct under high pressure and stress that takes years and even then not all will achieve that.

There is only one sure move in any self defense situation that works ... don't be there ... apart from that every situation is different so you cannot say do this or that or combine this or that and it will always work... it might ...be it might not ...

you want to act on instinct then patience practice and time and then that level may be achieved.

11. now disabled

JR 137 post kinda gives you the answer

12. now disabled

Were you not the person who was offering online JKD and you teach other styles to and kinda was getting hot under collar and issuing challenges etc

Why then pose the question you have ...is it now your view that what you teach is not applicable to women ?

just asking

13. WingChunChick

WingChunChick Yellow Belt

When it comes to fighting in a dress for self defense I'm going to go with wing chun kung fu. It was meant to be used in clothing that is similar to a dress, so all the kicks can be used in one. Plus its footwork is small and workable in tight spaces and situations. Plus bonus popular belief is that it was created by a woman(although that can't be completely confirmed)

14. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    This was my answer, too. Heavy shoes have the least influence. Pants hardly matter. Even a jacket only matters somewhat. If you are good enough to work within the restrictions of the training (only punching), it’s the simplest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. marques

marques Master Black Belt

I would say boxing as well, providing you are not competing in boxing against someone more skilled.

I probably could punch the average Joe, but would not be that easy to punch a trained boxer. And boxing can be as complex/hard to train or learn as other arts with hundreds of techniques...

• Like Like x 1
  16. drop bear

Mate of mine competed with a broken knee. Its limitations also become its strengths.

17. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    Dude, that's stupidly awesome, or awesomely stupid. Maybe both. Buy him a beer for me, either way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. now disabled

And loan him a stick to walk with as umm I had my knee damaged and well I kept going and training now I am looking at probably a replacement knee