Which one of the 7 dwarfs do you resemble while training?

Which one/ones of the seven dwarfs do you resemble while training?

• Bashful

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Doc

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Dopey

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Grumpy

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Happy

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Sleepy

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Sneezy

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This was originally on Aikiweb (in 2001) and I did this same poll on here a LONG time ago too!

Which one (or several) of the seven dwarfs do you most resemble while training? Hopefully I'll remember to set up the multiple choice option for this poll.

In my Aikido training, I'm mostly Happy and Dopey. Sometimes Bashful too as I'm a shy person. However, sometimes I don't sleep well and in the early Saturday morning classes, I'm very sleepy (and some guys joke that I'm Grumpy too).

How about you guys?

Robyn :asian:

T

TheRustyOne

Oops! Missed the fact it's multiple choice...

I'm mainly Dopey....I'm an idiot and so dyslexic!

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
Oops! Missed the fact it's multiple choice...

I'm mainly Dopey....I'm an idiot and so dyslexic!

Since I am not really up on my 7 dwarf ...eh....characteristics, could someone post a description of each one?

Thanks

:asian:

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
Since I am not really up on my 7 dwarf ...eh....characteristics, could someone post a description of each one?

Nearly all are self explanatory. Dopey is dopey, Sleepy is tired and yawns all the time, and Sneezy had many allergies. Happy is happy, Grumpy isn't 'bad' but is grumpy, Bashful is shy (like how I feel when Sensei makes me lead the class in bokkens), etc. Doc is harder to describe. In Snow White he was the take charge/leader who made the decisions but he also got his speech phrases mixed up when he was talking. Maybe I should have added an 8th dwarf. Freaky? Creepy? :D

Robyn :asian:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
or a 9th one.. Meanie..
or 10th one.. Silly

I'm generally a 'loon' at all times as Chronuss keeps telling me... except when teaching.. then I can be very stern and gruff.. :D

T

The Sapphire Ping Dragon

I voted Bashful, Dopey, and Happy. :D

Brittany :asian:

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SLEEPY!!!

whenever I do make it to class, I've been awake since 4 am, so trying not to yawn isn't easy.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Happy.

I think almost all of my instructors have commented on how much I smile when I am in class. One of my kajukenbo instructors gave me a wooden buddha who was grinning like crazy because he said it reminded him of me. Well, without the whole roly-poly belly thing.... I hope.

Lamont

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nobody posted sneezy yet. I wonder why.
Happy mainly unless a test then bashfull I guess but there needs to be one called nervous.

N

Ninway J

Bashful because I'm one of the newest students in my current class.
Dopey because I feel a bit awkward doing new forms.
Grumpy when I just can't do the form correctly.
Happy when my sifu tells me that I did the form correctly.

It's a roller-coaster!:eek: :D

K

kenpo12

I said happy because I'm just a happy guy. There also was no choice for Intense.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about "Groovy" dwarf:D or sweaty dwarf? Nah, I'd be more of a Doc and Happy combination. I tend to take the lead when left to my own devises with a training partner and I'm always happy to be there.

Found this on a page dedicated to the movie Snow white and the 7 dwarves...Fifty ideas for the dwarves' names and personalities were listed in the film's proposal; the list included all of the names finally included except Dopey and Doc (Dopey being the last to be developed). Some of the dwarves were: Awful, Biggy, Blabby, Dirty, Gabby, Gaspy, Gloomy, Hoppy, Hotsy, Jaunty, Jumpy, Nifty, and Shifty. Sneezy was a last-minute replacement for Jumpy

OP
Aikikitty

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
Found this on a page dedicated to the movie Snow white and the 7 dwarves...Fifty ideas for the dwarves' names and personalities were listed in the film's proposal; the list included all of the names finally included except Dopey and Doc (Dopey being the last to be developed). Some of the dwarves were: Awful, Biggy, Blabby, Dirty, Gabby, Gaspy, Gloomy, Hoppy, Hotsy, Jaunty, Jumpy, Nifty, and Shifty. Sneezy was a last-minute replacement for Jumpy

Oh wow! That's very intersting! It's a good thing they didn't pick some of those names. Dirty and Hotsy sound like they should be in an adult version! :erg:

Robyn :partyon:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
:)

Attachments

• $7dwarfs.jpg
    $7dwarfs.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 194

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
happy - to be there, and if I get anything right
bashful - because I'm worried I'm doing things wrong, and am an idiot
grumpy - at myself
doc - I can't stop asking questions sometimes. And I often get used as the instructor's demonstration dummy :)

Latest Discussions