Which one for you?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I went back for a second go and answered as I might have if I had never trained. I still came up with Kenpo and Karate next. I think there is a flaw in the algorithm.

OP
blindsage

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well obviously Kenpo is the best! :ultracool But actually, I went back and did the test a couple of times to see what other results I could get. When my answers were mostly aggressive and strength/fitness based I got MMA, when they were more leaning towards tradition and health and balance I got Aikido followed by Taiji. It's seems almost any other combination comes up with Kenpo. I thought my original answers would probably bring up Taiji or Aikido, but it's seems the creator's depth of understanding of martial arts is.....KENPO!

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmm...

I thought I would get Aikido, Wing Chun, or Iaido, but I came up with Judo. Followed by that, for some reason Tae-kwon do and MMA were high up there despite my attempts to indicate that I don't like sporty/athletic arts. What happened to "form and balance" and "sensitive cat whiskers" and "I can only run a mile"?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well obviously Kenpo is the best! :ultracool But actually, I went back and did the test a couple of times to see what other results I could get. When my answers were mostly aggressive and strength/fitness based I got MMA, when they were more leaning towards tradition and health and balance I got Aikido followed by Taiji. It's seems almost any other combination comes up with Kenpo. I thought my original answers would probably bring up Taiji or Aikido, but it's seems the creator's depth of understanding of martial arts is.....KENPO!

OK then I guess it is... Kenpo, Eenie, Kenpo, Meenie, Kenpo. Miney, Kenpo, Moe, Kenpo, Kenpo, Kenpo :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think the questions were silly, for the most part, but I don't disagree with the results. It's not Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but since that wasn't one of the possibilities, I think this was about as close as I could get:

Your Result: Judo

Judo employs basic mechanics to overcome your opponent, using strength and size against them. When developed by master Jiguro Kano, ju-jitsu and other fighting styles were used all to commonly by thugs, thieves, and other bandit types without any code of conduct to discipline them. Judo upholds strict etiquette and respect as a way of life, instead of just an art. The identity of Judo was the removal of the most dangerous techniques, while other styles desperately tried to discover and incorporate them. This allows all the techniques to be practiced at full strength, speed, and resistance by you, and your practice partner, for a continuous practice, while other styles could not efficiently practice techniques in full effect.

Result Breakdown:

76% Judo
69% Karate
68% Aikido
66% Kenpo
63% Mixed Martial Arts
62% Tai Chi
58% Ninjitsu
53% Tae KwonDo
49% Ju-Jitsu
31% Wing Chun

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can anyone guess?

Kenpo

MMA
Ju-Jitsu
Ninjitsu
Karate
Judo
Wing Chun
Aikido
TKD
Tai Chi

This is really dumb , as stated poor questions and poor answer slections/options. Also not all major cultures covered. Only MMA for Western and no FMA.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wow. According to this, I've wasted 28 years of studying Taekwondo when I should have been studying Tai Chi.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The martial art for me is, apparently, KENPO.

Followed by:

Karate
Ju-Jitsu
Wing Chun
Tai Chi
Aikido
Mixed Martial Arts
Judo
Ninjitsu
Tae KwonDo

I'm thinking Kenpo is the be-all-end-all martial art in the eyes of the author.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kempo than karate, im tempted to think the author takes kempo/kenpo and thinks the ideals from kempo are only applicable to kempo, and a tiny bit to karate lol
EDIT:Not meaning that people who didn't get kempo don't follow martial arts ideals, just that many martial artists are similar in how they think. Also, may not be exactly for me, since i actually do practice kempo heheh

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I got Kenpo, too. Hmm.

PoolMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mixed Martial Arts
Ninjitsu
Kempo
Ju-jitsu
Karate
Tae Kwon Do
Wing Chun
Aikido
Tai Chi
Judo

...Hhhhmmmmm...

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I got Kenpo (seems a little biased judging from the previous posts) however I do teach Kenpo so maybe it has something. The rest in order were:

- Karate
- MMA
- Wing Chun
- Ju-jitsu
- Taekwondo
- Akido
- Tai Chi
- Judo
- Ninjitsu

Odd results as I still train in Tang soo do and Tai chi (so one would expect those to be slightly higher up) oh well.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise: Kenpo. :s137:

Really, I think I'd try some MMA or boxing sort of martial art if I were going to do a third, to build upper-body strength and round out the TKD (legs) and HKD (locks, chokes, throws).

Latest Discussions