Where's Swordlady?

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can't seriously ban a moderator and not expect people NOT to notice.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She's been banned for violating the terms of her mod position.
More than that I cannot say.

She is however, not the first moderator banned.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
She's been banned for violating the terms of her mod position.
More than that I cannot say.

She is however, not the first moderator banned.

Bob every member must obey by the rules set forth and I hope we can all learn from this.

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
wait - if she violated the terms of her mod position, shouldnt she just be banned from being a mod and knocked back down to a regular member?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Normally, yes. This wasn't a normal situation.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Konnichiwa, Bob

Are we permitted to ask what it is that caused such an upset, or is it considered sub rosa?

I ask not out of puerile nosiness but because I've 'known' Jen for some years on other fora and am puzzled that one of 'good standing' such as she can suddenly be 'shown the door', so to speak.

I have to confess that I took the 'Banned Member' tag to be a joke for quite some weeks until I noticed she wasn't posting here any more and after some humming-and-ahhing had a look around to see if I could find out what had happened (which lead me here).

As I say, not wanting to speak out of turn or unearth things that are properly private but I'm surprised that such a 'dramatic' event (banning Mods is significant as far as fora are concerned) passed so quietly.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Konnichiwa, Bob

Are we permitted to ask what it is that caused such an upset, or is it considered sub rosa?

I ask not out of puerile nosiness but because I've 'known' Jen for some years on other fora and am puzzled that one of 'good standing' such as she can suddenly be 'shown the door', so to speak.

I have to confess that I took the 'Banned Member' tag to be a joke for quite some weeks until I noticed she wasn't posting here any more and after some humming-and-ahhing had a look around to see if I could find out what had happened (which lead me here).

As I say, not wanting to speak out of turn or unearth things that are properly private but I'm surprised that such a 'dramatic' event (banning Mods is significant as far as fora are concerned) passed so quietly.

I've asked privetaly, but so far have not gotten responses (its only been a day or so though).

I enjoyed her input on Aikido and Iaido....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please also know we don't like to ban users nor lose moderators. Decisions like this on MartialTalk come with much careful consideration and sometimes dismay.

I would refer everyone to Bob's statement that we cannot say more. It is not our policy to publicly discuss these matters and we just won't do it.

I'm glad your experiences with a member of our staff were positive and I hope you all continue to enjoy MartialTalk.

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement, as are all current and most former staff here, so what we are allowed to say is limited. The short version is, an unfortunate and ugly situation occurred involving 3 individuals, all of whom have since been banned from this site, and 2 who are permanently barred from membership on any forum under my control. I'm sorry I can't say more, but we do take our NDA's and privacy policies seriously.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies ladies and gents.

I had assumed that it was not a trivial event to have proceded so and the tenor of the responses confirm that I should consider my question as 'answered' as I need it to be.

Thanks again and all I have to say is that I'm saddened that such a situation can arise that embroils someone I know - just goes to show that, as they said on Hill Street Blues, you have to be careful 'out there'.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We were sorry things happened as they did too. I met Jen when she came to Buffalo for the M&G last year, had a good time talking with her.

Latest Discussions