Where to get a good heavy bag?

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to get a good heavy bag for kickboxing. I like the taller bags that touch the ground preferably. Amazon sells them but I’d like to find one where I can pick it up already filled. I was thinking of seeing what Dick’s carries. Has anyone bought a heavy bag at a store rather than online? My basement ceiling is probably just about 7’ tall so I have to figure out how to keep it stationary. At the MMA gyms I’ve seen them with tires underneath them to keep them from moving.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Found one at a local MA store. :). Just have to hang it.

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I bought both of my bags from Ringside and Title. At the time I think I ordered it with free shipping, or at least used a coupon that took enough off to cover shipping. If you sign-up for their mailing list they usually give you 20% off your first purchase.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I want to get a good heavy bag for kickboxing. I like the taller bags that touch the ground preferably. Amazon sells them but I’d like to find one where I can pick it up already filled. I was thinking of seeing what Dick’s carries. Has anyone bought a heavy bag at a store rather than online? My basement ceiling is probably just about 7’ tall so I have to figure out how to keep it stationary. At the MMA gyms I’ve seen them with tires underneath them to keep them from moving.
Try the bar around last call. There's always a few.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
This might sound crazy, but - I got mine from Wal-Mart online. It is full size Muay Thai bag and I didn't want to pay shipping on a 6 footer that was filled OR buy an empty bag that I would have to fill myself. Figured I'd risk the $110 (no shipping, in store pick up) on a "Combat Sports". So far I can not complain. I've had it around a year or so and it has held up great. I don't hit it with any impact weapons nor kick it with shoes on, though.

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Century just sent out an email saying that they are offering Free Shipping this Friday on everything including heavy bags. Shipping on bags tends to be a lot.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Century just sent out an email saying that they are offering Free Shipping this Friday on everything including heavy bags. Shipping on bags tends to be a lot.
Outslayer ships for free in the continental US. And their bags are excellent.

Latest Discussions