Where is everyone from?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am 32 and started training in Ju Jutsu in 2005. Still a blue belt but my focus is not really on grading. I also train in other arts so my focus on different aspects tends to vary a bit, but the moment I try to get in at least two JJ lessons a week. In the summer I tend to focus more exclusively on JJ.

My main instructor is Torbjørn Arntsen who teaches the Ju Jutsu Norway system. I am not quite sure about the lineage but it seems it has infuences from many styles of JJ as well as strikes from Karate.

Recently I have also started taking lessons with Ronny Sandberg in Nihon Goshin Ryu Ju Jutsu. The lineage seems to go pretty straight to Japan but I don`t really know the history of this style yet.

http://nifs.multiply.com/photos/album/20#11
This picture shows Ronny Sandberg on the left and Torbjørn Arntzen on the right. In the middle is Kyoshi Allain Asilly whom we try to invite to visit us as often as possible.

I've trained many times with Kyoshi Sailly and more than a few with "The Hammer", as Sensei Arnsten is referred to here in Canada. Good folks.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've trained many times with Kyoshi Sailly and more than a few with "The Hammer", as Sensei Arnsten is referred to here in Canada. Good folks.

Yes, they are not only extremely dedicated to the arts but also very nice friendly people. I did not know that Torbjørn is known as "The Hammer" , but having the frequent honor of being picked for uke I can say it is one nickname he deserves :lol2:

Perhaps you also know Rune Henrichsen, Karl-Fredrik Skjørshammer and Kim Taraldsen?

Last edited: