where is everybody?

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
so yeah I'm taking Taekwondo and was excited to find a forum about it. I posted four posts and got one reply. Then I started looking at the dates last posted and in most of the threads no one has posted for several months. Is this an abandoned website? I saw tons of discussions did it just stop at some point? Kinda bums me out cause I love talking about martial arts but when I talk to friends on Facebook and stuff like that people who don't share my passion for martial arts it isn't the same.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi welcome to MartialTalk. We have a number of Tae Kwon Do practitioners and instructors here. I am sure that you will find some very good discussions.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm taking Taekwondo ...

If you talk about MA in general, people from all styles will participate. If you just talk about any particular style, only people in that particular style will participate.

For example, instead of talking about TKD kick, why not talk about kick in general? Not only you will get more people to participate your discussion, you will also get people's opinion about kick from different angles and not just kick from the TKD point of view.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Try posting about Olympic tkd being bad for self defense. Or kiddie black belts. You'll get lots of posts. :)

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you talk about MA in general, people from all styles will participate. If you just talk about any particular style, only people in that particular style will participate.

For example, instead of talking about TKD kick, why not talk about kick in general? Not only you will get more people to participate your discussion, you will also get people's opinion about kick from different angles and not just kick from the TKD point of view.
thanks for the input, so you think I should post in the general martial arts talk forum instead of Taekwondo? I took Shaolin Kung Fu a long time ago and didn't like it much. I took Krav Maga and liked it but didn't stick with it. Taekwondo is def my martial art of choice but yeah I'll try and be more open to different styles. thanks!

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Try posting about Olympic tkd being bad for self defense. Or kiddie black belts. You'll get lots of posts. :)
lol! I have this photograph for people who think Taekwondo is not crucial. I know it has a Chinese flag in the background but it is Taekwondo... in China
13178775_1.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not encourage them to start pushing hot buttons...

This is a fairly active forum in general, with the "busy" sub-forum wandering around from day to day.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
so you think I should post in the general martial arts talk forum instead of Taekwondo?
I don't train TKD but I'm interested in all MA discussions. I'm just afraid to participate in TKD only discussion. When someone said, "You don't even train TKD. Nobody care about your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here?" I'll have too much shame and I'll get a rope, find a quite place, and hang myself. :)

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Let's not encourage them to start pushing hot buttons...

This is a fairly active forum in general, with the "busy" sub-forum wandering around from day to day.
Glad to hear that... i just saw how old some of the posts were and didn't know what to think, but i look forward to sharing with everyone on this forum!

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't train TKD but I'm interested in all MA discussions. I'm just afraid to participate in TKD only discussion. When someone said, "You don't even train TKD. Nobody care about your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here?" I'll have too much shame and I'll get a rope, find a quite place, and hang myself. :)
That's fine that you don't train Taekwondo. I mean in my opinion most or all martial arts are highly formidable once you get really good at them. which martial art you choose is really a matter of personal taste

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That's fine that you don't train Taekwondo. I mean in my opinion most or all martial arts are highly formidable once you get really good at them. which martial art you choose is really a matter of personal taste
and also please do not hang yourself because of what some martial art bigot says!

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Since my wife has black belt in TKD, I'm not a total stranger.

robin_win.jpg
I'm assuming by your name that your martial art is Kung Fu? what kind of Kung Fu do you practice if I am correct in assuming that Kung Fu is your martial art? and it looks like your wife has won some TKD awards! that's awesome!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm assuming by your name that your martial art is Kung Fu? what kind of Kung Fu do you practice if I am correct in assuming that Kung Fu is your martial art? and it looks like your wife has won some TKD awards! that's awesome!
I have cross trained many CMA systems. Both long fist and Shuai Chiao (Chinese wrestling) are my major.

My wife likes to fight too. Every time we had some argument, we sparred for 15 rounds.

robin_fight.jpg

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have cross trained many CMA systems. Both long fist and Shuai Chiao (Chinese wrestling) are my major.

My wife likes to fight too. Every time we had some argument, we sparred for 15 rounds.

robin_fight.jpg
LOL @ you and your wife sparring when you have an argument. Chinese wrestling sounds awesome...to be honest I know very little about it. Is it like Brazilian Jiujitsu or Judo at all? Or Greco Roman Wrestling?

Drakanyst

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Taekwondo still gets people responding on the forums! It just depends on the post and how it is phrased. Kung Fu Wang has some good suggestions on posts.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that... i just saw how old some of the posts were and didn't know what to think, but i look forward to sharing with everyone on this forum!
Try clicking on the "Active Topics" link at the top of the page and you'll see which threads have current discussion going on.

Latest Discussions