• 6th Dan

• 7th Dan

• 8th Dan

• 9th Dan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zendokan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, but I have come across people in the past doing Taekwondo movements but with Japanese terminology for the basic movements (very weird to hear/discuss). I had hoped we had one such guy here so I could find out how that came about or his instructor's background.

But as I said, I'm with you...

You think that was weird, I sometimes crosstrain with other clubs, usted to be with a kyokushin karate club ( really improved my TKD), since I stopped with TKD I do now crosstraining for my HKD or JJJ.
this year I went to a "Happo Jutsu" club (= style that was created from HKD and JJJ). There they used korean terminology for the kicks and throws, japanese for the punches and groundfight. That really doesn't sound.

PS: My instructor was a 4th dan with ITF and a 3rd dan with WTF.

Ms. Sheryl

White Belt
Reaction score
My instructor earned his 2nd Dan this past spring. I just earned my 1st Dan last month and was made assistant instructor a week ago. We have a very small school with mainly children. There is one other adult other than myself and Mr. Kurt.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I can vouch for my Instructor's 9th Dan because I checked with the Kukkiwon and it was authenticated. No "Honorary" or self made for him.

Svart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Unfortunately, for every one legitimate 9th Dan, there must at least 10 of the sort I just described. That's because it's so easy to do it.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My instructor is currently a 5th Dan with the USCDKA. However, his instructor is Sr. Grandmaster Sell, a 9th Dan, and founder of the USCDKA.

Inugami

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
my master is almost 5th dan and he's very legit, so is the school.

Hajime

White Belt
Reaction score
Saseong Mel Steiner. Best teacher in the world baby! Chi Taekwon-Do

Dinkus Mayhem

White Belt
Reaction score
I believe my instructor is 3rd dan (WTF, Kukkiwon), Hapkido 2nd dan and a black belt in Kumdo as well.

I am new to all this (so I could be wrong), but if I remember her certificates on the wall correctly those are the ranks she has earned.

SlickRick

White Belt
Reaction score
6th Degree Black Belt, his younger brother was a 4th degree

both awesome

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
The main one is a 6th degree master
One just received his 5th degree earlier this year (that's the one I posted the freestyle video on)

Also have 2 5th degree senior instuctors fill in from time to time.

Last edited:

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sah Bu Nim Michael Donohue 5th Dan TKD CDK, 2nd Dan Haidong Kumdo and his instructor is KJN Hyun Ok Shin, 9th Dan Chung Do Kwan. Not too sure of his lineage, but the style reminds me a lot of Shotokan with more kicks and very deep stances for forms. He is also a Hapkido Black Belt, but I am not sure of what degree. I have been told from others outside of the organisation that he studied under Jhoon Rhee for TKD.

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
My old TKD instructor was 5th Dan (Kukkikwon).

The instructor at my new club is 4th Dan, but it's an independent school, not affiliated with anyone else. I know his 1st Dan was with the WTF, but I'm unsure about the others, I shall have to ask him on Friday! :-D

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My old TKD instructor was 5th Dan (Kukkikwon).

The instructor at my new club is 4th Dan, but it's an independent school, not affiliated with anyone else. I know his 1st Dan was with the WTF, but I'm unsure about the others, I shall have to ask him on Friday! :-D

Welcome to MT, Ms. Bird. If you haven't already, go to the Meet & Greet section & introduce yourself to the whole class.