whats your favorite kung fu ( TMA ) movie of all times ?

YOGAMAN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
like that kung fu theater ...

one not so kung fu theater is jet li's evil cult

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well the original Street Fighter with Sony Chiba was good.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure if it counts, but "Meals on Wheels" has one of the best fight scenes of all time in it between Jackie Chan and Benny "The Jet" Uriquedez

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If we are talking kung fu only then it would be the original "Drunken Master". But recently I've really liked "Fighter in the Wind".

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're just lookig for kung-fu movies but since you have TMA in parenthases I'll go ahead and say that Seven Samurai is not only my favorite MA movie but one of my favorite movies, period. It's one of Akira Kurosawa's best offerings.

Kuro Obi has to be given an honorable mention. Jet Li's Fist of Legend is also pretty good as is Segal's Above the Law and DeCascos' Only the Strong.

Pax,

Chris

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're just lookig for kung-fu movies but since you have TMA in parenthases I'll go ahead and say that Seven Samurai is not only my favorite MA movie but one of my favorite movies, period. It's one of Akira Kurosawa's best offerings.

Kuro Obi has to be given an honorable mention. Jet Li's Fist of Legend is also pretty good as is Segal's Above the Law and DeCascos' Only the Strong.

Pax,

Chris
oh gota love that one and all the Kirasawa movies!!! they are just great!

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circle of Iron in my opinion is one of the best. Lot of fight scenes and a lot of deeper stuff to go with it as well.

As a side note, in regards to just fight scenes, it is hard to beat They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper. Just watching it makes you tired and sore.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
strictly kung fu type I would say today at least .. Enter the Dragon

but any kurisowa movie ..
and the street fighter series with sony Chiba are Great!

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bruce's, Return of the Dragon (Way of the Dragon). And also Donnie Yen's, IP man. 2 great fight scenes in that movie. The one where he fought 10 men, and then the end when he fought the General. Good movie.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just going for good ol' kung fu movies. A couple of my favorites are

1) Mystery Chess Boxing (Netflix has it as "Ninja Checkmate"): Old school classic with the "ghost faced killer"
2) Dragon's Claws (there are two with the same name)

But here is the whole Dragon's Claws movie on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

Ediaan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yip Man - the Legend is Born, the story deviates a bit from his true history, but he was an impeccable figure and has some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

Latest Discussions