Reaction score
forget the word lethal. wrong term

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My mind and my mouth. They are able to destroy, make things better, change situations, and do damage that can never be undone

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For what purpose? I like the knife, but you have to use the right tool for the right circumstance.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
That depends entirely on what fight you are fighting.

If I've got a couple hundred friends and am fighting cavalry swordsmen or lancers the only real choice is the pike. In a phone booth not so much.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
most effective and most lethal. no guns please

saraba

forget the word lethal. wrong term

Under what circumstances? And what's my goal?

The Taser is a great tool to subdue someone for an arrest... but it sucks if I'm trying to take a deer down for dinner. A bow and arrow is great for hunting and for certain combat situations... but it sucks for hand to hand. Knives are great all around tools for close range combat, but they don't do any good at long range. A 6' staff is pretty effective... unless you're in an elevator. A nuke is great -- unless you actually want to use the territory after the war.

And so on.

If you're asking what weapons are most practical for everyday use and carry, I suggest short to medium length sticks, like canes and batons. You can carry them without drawing too much attention or improvise them from things that are often available in the environment. They can be used to do anything from trapping and containment through lethal force. Empty hand principles can often be adapted to them easily -- and they can transfer to empty hand, too.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A lightweight bastard sword, if I only got to have one non-firearm weapon. With the right scabbard, it's not hard to carry around. It could start a new fashion!

Do I get to carry a shield, too?

foot2face

Green Belt
Reaction score
No guns allowed, them I would have to say my steel toe boots.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
No guns allowed, them I would have to say my steel toe boots.

Excellent choice! I wear mine all the time.

For myself and my students, I have them train three different lengths of weapons. Bo-long range, Bokken and Jo- mid range, Baston-short range. These different lengths allow them to pick up almost anything and utilize it as a weapon, anything closer goes to empty hand.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's a toolbox, man. We need parameters. Many folks here have been playing for quite awhile, so we have a bit of weapon stuff under our belts.
That being said... I'd be cliché and say "My Mind!" but it's too obvious, and no one would ever stand a chance!!! :D (What're we gonna do tonight, Brain?)

I would say that the most lethal weapon, barring any firearm, would be a razor sharp knife or dagger, at least 4" long, wielded by someone skilled or not, but so committed to killing you that they temporarily lose any semblance of self-preservation instinct. THAT adds up to a bad day for everyone involved.
I picked this because of it's a prevalent weapon, easy to conceal, pretty difficult to disarm, and you usually don't know that you're being assaulted with it until it's too late to avoid getting at least hurt.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, If guns are out? ....the next most deadly weapon that NONE of us would like to face....is the knife!

It is simple to carry...simple to hide..and easy to use. We use ours to cut the sushi rolls into bite size.

Off course facing a baseball bat or large stick can be a challenge.

We all have to agree? ....using our brains and verbal language should always be the first choice. weapon....than if need? ...anything can be use around us can be turn into a weapon....what ever is available.

Nike shoes (fast kind)....works too. The brand I have is slow moving....gotta get faster running shoes?

Aloha ( coconuts are large and hard to throw...but if one falls on your head? ....it will hurt..)

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
My Expandable Baton, it's simple, easy to conceal and carry with ease and is actually though illegal in alot of states except for law enforcement officials, but still considered less deadly then a knife if used in a court of law down here and by most of the police officers.

Clapping_tiger

White Belt
Reaction score
Best weapon would depend on situation. But the weapon I am most comfortable training with is this one.
GH2028SSNB.jpg

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I keep a 3 foot stick of cocobolo wood under my bed and I trust it with my life.