Whats poppen

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey, uh I made this account a while ago but just kinda forgot about this so uh, Imma see how active I can be here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess to start off I am currently living in Italy, but I am American. I am a red belt in tae kwon do. And uuuuuhhh I sometimes post my tournament videos on youtube.

I guess that's all you need to know for now. Feel free to ask questions i guess?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey, uh I made this account a while ago but just kinda forgot about this so uh, Imma see how active I can be here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess to start off I am currently living in Italy, but I am American. I am a red belt in tae kwon do. And uuuuuhhh I sometimes post my tournament videos on youtube.

I guess that's all you need to know for now. Feel free to ask questions i guess?
hi, let's see you vids then!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awesome.

I wish more members shared video.....looking forward to seeing them.

OP
Professor Random

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi, let's see you vids then!
Only got one up right now cause I just started back up recently, It's kinda cringy but I would be more then happy to share it with you.

I do realize I did really bad in it and I could use a lot of help, I took a 2 year break, as I transferred from west to italy and certificates were all messed up that's why I had to wear a green/blue in the tournament, But I do have a certificate for a red belt and traditionally I am a red belt. (Just to clear up any confusion)

Please do share your opinions and criticize me as much as you want, and hopefully I can learn more. :)

:EDIT: I am in the blue

Last edited:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not a tae Kwon do practitioner but it looked like neither of you had your hands up much.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only got one up right now cause I just started back up recently, It's kinda cringy but I would be more then happy to share it with you.

I do realize I did really bad in it and I could use a lot of help, I took a 2 year break, as I transferred from west to italy and certificates were all messed up that's why I had to wear a green/blue in the tournament, But I do have a certificate for a red belt and traditionally I am a red belt. (Just to clear up any confusion)

Please do share your opinions and criticize me as much as you want, and hopefully I can learn more. :)

:EDIT: I am in the blue
How long ago was the fight? I see the 2k17..was it last week, or 11 months ago?

The advice will probably be the same, and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, I'm just curious.

OP
Professor Random

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How long ago was the fight? I see the 2k17..was it last week, or 11 months ago?

The advice will probably be the same, and I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, I'm just curious.
It was published a day after the tournament so it was on October 29th, not too long ago

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk. Hope you enjoy it.
As far as the video goes... it takes guts to invite criticism. I'll only say that although what you're doing is perfectly fine in an Olympic-rules tourney, if you sparred like that in our dojang, you'd go home with a headache.
I have a rule: hands on hips, teeth in pocket.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. You'll find a lot of different thoughts and opinions here - some well-considered, others (sometimes my own) less so. Sometimes we are just a bunch of smartasses, and sometimes we are serious and scholarly. The trick is to tell those apart. :p

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. You'll find a lot of different thoughts and opinions here - some well-considered, others (sometimes my own) less so. Sometimes we are just a bunch of smartasses, and sometimes we are serious and scholarly. The trick is to tell those apart. :p
The issue is that many of us are serious in one thread and smartasses in another.

Last edited:

inkypaws

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey, nice job in your video. (Thanks for reminding me to never let anyone record me, can only imagine what that would look like.) Q, do they let you kick in the head, below black belt, where you are, Italy?

OP
Professor Random

Professor Random

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey, nice job in your video. (Thanks for reminding me to never let anyone record me, can only imagine what that would look like.) Q, do they let you kick in the head, below black belt, where you are, Italy?
Yes, its more of age range rather then belt rank. So my little sister who does taekwondo, 8 years old, cannot hit in the head and they have to wear a a visor similar to this one
images
I have worn it once or twice because I was missing a mouth guard. Not my favorite thing in the world.

Welcome to MartialTalk. Hope you enjoy it.
As far as the video goes... it takes guts to invite criticism. I'll only say that although what you're doing is perfectly fine in an Olympic-rules tourney, if you sparred like that in our dojang, you'd go home with a headache.
I have a rule: hands on hips, teeth in pocket.
I come home from my classes with a head ache as it is. ;)

I was going to say the same thing. But after he got hit in the nuts twice, I was thinking he should keep his hands lower :)
My teacher told me it was because he didn't kick high enough, which is true. But I do need to work on my lower blocking, I'm not that fast at it (as you saw).
I would rather get kicked in the nuts and get one free point then give up 3 points to a head shot. But also if he does kick a little harder next time I won't be on the mats to be giving out head shots.