What would you do?

J

jkdhit

as soon as i saw the knife coming towards me i would have pushed it downwards and away from me and tried to take him out :p

last year i was leaving my girlfriends house and a similar situation happened but the guy was trying to mug me. i was on my phone and he asked me for the time so i gave it to him and kept walking. then he stopped me and had a knife and tried to rob me. i basically did the same thing i said to above. the only time i would be more passive is if the blade was closer to my neck or higher.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, dangerous overconfidence there. A knife's a scary thing. My training partner cut himself tonight cleaning one--right to the (finger) bone, just like that.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Wow, dangerous overconfidence there. A knife's a scary thing. My training partner cut himself tonight cleaning one--right to the (finger) bone, just like that.
In truth, it's been my experience that the situation is sometimes a catch 22. Sometimes caution will save your life. Other times aggression will save you where caution won't. What's the answer? "You pays your money and you takes your chances."

ninhito

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I would have ran or fought back, very little fighting back, liek just grabbing the guys arm and punching him then running like i was getting chased by a dog...

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
At 16 I was moody, to put it mildly. Some days I would have laughed. Some days I would have tried to put his knife in his eye.

Most days I would have waited until after he started walking away, picked up a brick, and caved in his skull. Or at least wished I'd had for several weeks afterwards and blown up on the first person who looked at me sideways.

I'm so glad those days have passed.

BigCat63

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Honestly when I was 16 I would have peed my pants and then fled.
Now that I am much older and trained I would just flee.

Latest Discussions