What will be your mark on the world?

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My legacy will be all the people's lives I've touched. I just hope that I've helped people enrich thier time on earth and helped make it worthwhile.

It would please me greatly if someone remembers me someday by saying "Hey remember that woman who said that to me? That really made me think, I I'm a better person for that" but really it'd be enough just to know I made some people happy.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My legacy will be all the people's lives I've touched. I just hope that I've helped people enrich thier time on earth and helped make it worthwhile.

Well said Shads...I hope I'll be remembered as that cop that wanted to train other coppers in a reality based MA..

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It all depends on the length of time involved. In the end, the only thing we may leave on this earth (if we are lucky) that is truly from us are the copies of the genes we carried for a short while.

Every action that we do in this life will be erased by time...

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Over the past few decades many of the kids that have attended my school were from the wild bunch, several belonged to various youth street gangs. Many of those youngin's stayed with me for 10, 15 and a few for 20 years or more, those that did stay with me made a good turn around. A few of them are now Lawyers, in law enforcement, the medical profession, school teachers, business men and so on. They have all thanked me for putting them on the straight and narrow.
So as for leaving a mark on this big world of ours I am very satisfied with the little mark that I have left.
:highfive:

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
An epithet that sayes "you are standing on my balls"

I just want my kids to grow up right. That's all.

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't know. I don't think that I will leave a mark on this world, at least not a very famous one. I would just like to know that I have left this world a better place than when I arrived in it. You know, contribute to the greater good and made existence just a little less difficult for those who I have had the pleasure to meet. I helped a lot of old ladies in the supermarket, and they were genuinely greatful, saying things like "god is going to bless you, young man". And there was that drunk guy at the local Borders that needed a friend to talk to that night, I helped him get through that night safely by keeping him out of trouble, even though he was a complete stranger. And all of the countless times that I have helped children stop crying or comforted them when they were scared, and even made them laugh and help them get through difficult situations. I don't know. As was stated, I guess that my mark hasn't been manifested yet. I plan on being an instructor some day and heaven knows how many lives that I will touch in a positive manner.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Vanity of vanities, says the Teacher,vanity of vanities! All is vanity.

What do people gain from all the toil at which they toil under the sun?

A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever.

The sun rises and the sun goes down,and hurries to the place where it rises.

The wind blows to the south, and goes around to the north;round and round goes the wind, and on its circuits the wind returns.

All streams run to the sea, but the sea is not full; to the place where the streams flow, there they continue to flow.

All things are wearisome; more than one can express;the eye is not satisfied with seeing, or the ear filled with hearing.

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new"? It has already been, in the ages before us.

The people of long ago are not remembered, nor will there be any remembrance of people yet to come by those who come after them.

-Ecclesiastes

Fang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, but its got me thinking...

Latest Discussions