What weapons do you like to train with and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it, though I have to say that maybe it was already "spoiled," but because it just wasn't that funny.....

Ah you have an American sense of humour though and never loved Captain Jack the way we do.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but Americans do camp-haven't you ever seen our Batman TV series from the 60's???

And I'm not sure which Captain Jack you mean??

Gasp, Captain Jack, there's only one Captain Jack! All others are pale imitations. I thought you guys though that was the real Batman!

upload_2015-9-6_16-13-18.jpeg

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gasp, Captain Jack, there's only one Captain Jack! All others are pale imitations. I thought you guys though that was the real Batman!

View attachment 19484

and the [URL='http://announce.jpress.co.uk/scarborough-news/obituary/jack-lammiman/41578041?s_source=jpno_sen_sen']real Jack Larriman was British,

and even Capt. Jack Sparrow from the stupid Disney movies is supposed to be British-and he's even kind of campy![/URL]

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 54

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Who are you accusing of trolling? No one is trolling here, you are mistaken.
Carrying a machete in the UK, as I said, will get you arrested. Carry a knife without good reason and that will get you arrested also.
I was arrested many years ago in a gang fight and had a knife in my pocket. I was told that "anything" I was carrying could be classed as weapon, even a pencil. That fact that it was not drawn had me in the clear. Carrying anything is INTENT in the Western world and you can be charged.

I carry a long blade in third world country. But then again so does everybody else including kids.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was arrested many years ago in a gang fight and had a knife in my pocket. I was told that "anything" I was carrying could be classed as weapon, even a pencil. That fact that it was not drawn had me in the clear. Carrying anything is INTENT in the Western world and you can be charged.

I carry a long blade in third world country. But then again so does everybody else including kids.

Well, that not true at all, certain weapons are illegal to carry unless you have a license, carrying certain knives is illegal unless you have good reason such as needing it for work. If you were arrested for fighting then the police mostly likely were warning you off, you cannot be charged with carrying a pencil whatever your intent whether it was 'drawn' or not ( is that a funny btw)

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not from Massachusetts but either way claiming the machete hidden under my seat is for camping and you have no other camping gear well that's probably not a good answer. Tell me it's for camping and I see a tent and cooler and sleeping bags well your prob ok

So where are you from?

The Machete could be in the trunk or back storage area. You could say that you often do go camping and you keep the machete in the car since its easier to just keep it there or you could say that you recently unpacked from camping and you forgot to take it out.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So where are you from?

The Machete could be in the trunk or back storage area. You could say that you often do go camping and you keep the machete in the car since its easier to just keep it there or you could say that you recently unpacked from camping and you forgot to take it out.

I don't think giving 'excuses' to Ballen is going to work somehow.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whitby is just up the road from me, I'm spending the week there with our Brownies at the Guide house in October so shall go and have a look, I will place a stone on the grave for you.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whitby is just up the road from me, I'm spending the week there with our Brownies at the Guide house in October so shall go and have a look, I will place a stone on the grave for you.

Bringing your short sword?

Sapphire

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, but Americans do camp-haven't you ever seen our Batman TV series from the 60's???

And I'm not sure which Captain Jack you mean??

Actually a better "camp" Batman would be George Clooney's Batman in "Batman and Robin" with Ahnuld Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman as Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, respectively.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And a good shortsword would be handy for making new ones or sharpening old ones.
These are for protection from vampires, right?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

There is a valid legal point here. It can be State specific in the US, but many states have "dangerous instrument" laws (or approximations).

In New York, a person is guilty of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, pursuant to New York Penal Law 265.01(2) when that person possesses a "dangerous instrument" or "deadly instrument" with the intent to use that weapon unlawfully against another person. Unlike 265.01(1) where the weapon in question is automatically a weapon solely based on law, this subsection includes anything that is a "dangerous instrument" or a "deadly weapon."

However, simply possessing a pen/pencil without having demonstrated an intent to use it is not enough to support a charge. I cant arrest everyone with a pen in his/her pocket. If he threatened someone with it as a weapon? Different story.

The issue can change with knives though. Any knife can theoretically be a "dangerous knife" by NY law and possessing it can be PC for arrest....read this for more info.

NY Knife Law

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
There is a valid legal point here. It can be State specific in the US, but many states have "dangerous instrument" laws (or approximations).

In New York, a person is guilty of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, pursuant to New York Penal Law 265.01(2) when that person possesses a "dangerous instrument" or "deadly instrument" with the intent to use that weapon unlawfully against another person. Unlike 265.01(1) where the weapon in question is automatically a weapon solely based on law, this subsection includes anything that is a "dangerous instrument" or a "deadly weapon."

However, simply possessing a pen/pencil without having demonstrated an intent to use it is not enough to support a charge. I cant arrest everyone with a pen in his/her pocket. If he threatened someone with it as a weapon? Different story.

The issue can change with knives though. Any knife can theoretically be a "dangerous knife" by NY law and possessing it can be PC for arrest....read this for more info.

NY Knife Law

I've posted before about this-my mom knew a nurse who was mugged on an elevator in NYC, back in the 60's. She had a pair of scissors in her purse, and used them to defend herself.

She had a legitimate professional reason for having scissors in her purse.

She was being attacked (mugging or sexual assault, I don't really know which.)

She defended herself.

She was charged with assault with a deadly weapon-the charges were later dropped, which is how it kind of works in most instances of "self-defense" in NY. In my case, with the pen, I was held (really nicely, like in an office, fed pizza and given clean clothes) until the DA said he wasn't going to bother-it was pretty clear that I'd defended myself, and, for a variety of reasons, no onet wanted it publicized, so I went home later that day.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

NY Knife Law
Sorry maybe I was a bit over the top saying a pencil. They did say that they would charge anyone carrying something that was used as a weapon or intent to use as such. They asked me why I had a knife as if I had not intention of using it, why would I carry it anyway?

There was also a limitation on blade sizes at that time. Nowadays there are retractable box knives or ceramic ones that you can snap off so I see little point in thinking that longer is more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.