What to do with new punchbag

young_thai

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey all
I recently just bought a new punch bag, and im wondering some excercises i can practice on it.
Perferly muay thai
but anything will help alot
thanksss

tntma12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
maybe try:

jab, punch, right leg kick

left leg kick, jab, punch

jab, punch, left hook, left leg kick (switch)

try using your punches (jab, punch, hooks, uppercuts) and using your turning or leg kicks to keep the bag in front of you

just a couple to get you started, hope that helps, good luck!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
maybe try:

jab, punch, right leg kick

left leg kick, jab, punch

jab, punch, left hook, left leg kick (switch)

try using your punches (jab, punch, hooks, uppercuts) and using your turning or leg kicks to keep the bag in front of you

just a couple to get you started, hope that helps, good luck!!!

This is a good start

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the Bas Rutten Thai workout CD, very good. The MMA one is good too, we use it as a warm up sometimes.

Tabris

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As my master used to say "Just Hit It.. Faster... Harder.. Aim! HIT IT!!!" :mst:

lol :ultracool

onibaku

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
practice jabs. 20 each arm. then straight punch 30 times. 20 continuous roundhouse kicks. 20 continuous body kicks. 10 side kicks. then do it again but don't overdo it. do this everyday and you should do it faster everyday. then you can advance to spinning kicks and jumping kicks

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I tied an old belt around mine at the same height as my belt. I also put targets on mine. Also if you haven't already got a spring, get one it takes alot of "jarring" out of the house. Get a pair of gloves or wrap your hands you will need it. I have an old canvas type Evelast. I use the gloves for it will tear u0p your knuckles big time. I also put "zip" ties around the hooks to keep it from bouncing off the chains.
You probably already know to keep your wrist straight.

I start with 100 punches as a warm up and then I do 10 of each type of kick, left and right. I also do some hand work in between kicks. Then I do some combinations. I usually work out on the bag 45mins- hour a day.

Have fun and like it was already stated hit hard and fast, then increase it.

Latest Discussions