What style of wing chun do you study?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Estonia - Eastern Europe:viking2:
http://www.wiiw.ac.at/img/estonia.gif

Forgive my ignorance, but is your branch administered through the EWTO and Master Keith Kernspecht, or is Eastern Europe a different division of the IWTMAA? Either way, the high ranking WT "Practitioners" of Europe have excellent reputations (at least around here in Arizona). Keep us posted!

krauser

White Belt
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but is your branch administered through the EWTO and Master Keith Kernspecht, or is Eastern Europe a different division of the IWTMAA? Either way, the high ranking WT "Practitioners" of Europe have excellent reputations (at least around here in Arizona). Keep us posted!

We are under the E.E.W.T.A. - administered from Hungary by Maday Norbert, 8th Level.

graychuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. Normally Choy Li Fut is considered nearly opposite to WC. Do you incorporate any CLF moves into your system?

As for myself, I began studying the WC system of (Augustinge) Fong Chi Wing (Ho Kam Ming / Yip Man lineage), then became a student of Leung Ting in 1980. I did have the opportunity to train (ouch) with Emin Boztepe, but finally left the art for many years. I now train WT with my kung fu brothers Robert Jacquet and Master Jeff Webb in the newly formed NWTO, and eskrima ..."DTE system ...with Master Martin Torres. But, it's all good...

No CLF that i am aware of. My Sifu said the same thing. I find this interesting also. Woo Fai Ching is the great nephew of Woo Yuen, a co founder of CLF according to our history. The origins of CLF are not concrete as with most arts but Sigung Woo is a relative of Woo Yuen.

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
The EBMAS system, which I am learning to respect.I started out with the traditional Wing Tsun under Sifu Steve brandon,and was fortunate enough to have met GGM Ting on a couple of occasions.So,while being out of the loop for a while,I came across EBMAS in Miami Lakes.Not really knowing much about their methods of training. I asked around and got the answers I was looking for,while not entirely traditional, they are teaching a more streetable Wing Tsun right off the bat.I am thoroughly pleased with their methods,also they offer Guro Rene Latosa's Escrima which is also bonus.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...also they offer Guro Rene Latosa's Escrima which is also bonus.

Damn straight it is! I love Latosa Escrima. Lateley I've been doing DTE (Direct Torres Escrima) founded by a guy who studied a little with Rene...and with me, in WT back in the '80s. I'm always finding new ways to relate Wing Tsun and Escrima concepts.

qwksilver61

Black Belt
Reaction score
Man! When did you hit blue belt? I'm jealous! dammit Jim!How are you Geezer?
I'm gearing up for the Aug. seminar,I feel baggy.I was just on the phone hounding my one and only student who's wife will be delivering their first baby in a couple of weeks.I'm happy for him and told him that there is no pressure on him to train.I would like to at least see him achieve his 1st student level when Sifu Emin arrives.He's still in infant stage,but at least interested.Me I'm just tired of training alone,Miami is miles away from central Flo.I have even entertained the Idea of a Mook Jong.On hold at least for now.

Gurokevin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am a Wong Shun Leung guy. But have also been in the Leung Ting, & TWC groups too.

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ok i admit the title is sortof misleading, im really interested in talking to people that take less "known" styles of Wing Chun. For example, Pan Nam (personally, ive met 1 person that has taken it and it was only for a 3 month period), or Fut Sao Gu Yee Chuan wing chun, Peng style, Yuen Kay-San, Leung Ting, Lo Man Kam ect...

also anyone that has had a chance to train with any of the "famous" masters like Emin Boztepe, Ip Chun, William Cheung, Eddie Chong ect...

-also if anyone takes a completely external style of wing chun (no sense of softness like karate) i'd love to pick yalls brains

Our style of trapping is known as Greco Roman

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
-My Sifu learned from Wong Shun Leung, Chu Shon Tin, and Sunny Tang, meaning I get stuff from those three lineages from him.

-I've also studied TWC from a private student of William Cheung, who also studied Pan Nam Wing Chun

So in total a combination of:
-Chu Shon Tin
-Wong Shun Leung
-Moy Yat (Sunny Tang)
-William Cheung
-Pan Nam

I should add that the differences aren't that big between these at an advanced level. Pan Nam is the most different and from what I've seen focuses more on striking under the bridge and uses deeper stances. Also the weapons are more diverse.

Yuen Kay Jun

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yuen Kay San Lineage

Sorry. Neglected to be complete in my wing chun.

Hong Kong Wing Chun:
via Dave Grago who learned from Sam Wing, Leung ting, William cheung and Mok Poi On of PFL WCK.

Yuen Kay San WCK:

From bob McDonald, Lee chun Ming, Kwok wan ping, sum nung, Yuen Kay San.

Latest Discussions