What style is this?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They weren't snide, he wasn't "style bashing", and he never said that MMAers were ignorant of anything. He said that "lots of people (not MMA trainees) think that if it doesn't look like MMA (doesn't fit their preconceived notions of what a martial art is), it's not martial arts." He then suggested that the reason might be the popularity of things like the UFC amongst "kids" (for the record, I agree with him completely).

That's your interpretation of what he said, if you have to explain it then there's a good chance I'm correct.

8 out of the first 9 replies, Tez. All people commenting on the people and style in the video. All dismissive or insulting. All without seeking to see or figure out what is actually being shown in the first place. Your ire is focused in the wrong direction for that grievance.

I know the posts were like that, hence my saying that fraud busting wasn't allowed here. It wasn't aimed at 'Brendan' who seemed to think it was.

Irene, we've known each other here a long time, yeah?

Then you know how much I dislike being called mate and that I'm honest in what I say. The comment from Brendan about MMA was what I was reacting to, it came across to me exactly as I said hence my comments back. I wasn't the only one who thought that btw. The video I see when I click onto the link does say what it is underneath it, it's a Russian chap doing an art he says he discovered hidden away somewhere. Now that may not be what other people in other countries see but it's what I get.

if people don't understand what others mean then they should ask or explain better, not get someone else to explain what they thought they mean, they also should not insult them by calling them names.

BrendanF

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That's your interpretation of what he said, if you have to explain it then there's a good chance I'm correct.

Or, there's a good chance you've had it explained to you, repeatedly, yet insist that your misreading is the correct one. This prompts those who have NOT misread it to explain it to you, in an attempt to resolve this ridiculous discussion.

I know the posts were like that, hence my saying that fraud busting wasn't allowed here. It wasn't aimed at 'Brendan' who seemed to think it was.

And who had ever said anything about 'fraud busting'? Not sure exactly why my name is in quotation marks.. do you doubt I exist, or that I am who I claim to be?

Then you know how much I dislike being called mate and that I'm honest in what I say. The comment from Brendan about MMA was what I was reacting to, it came across to me exactly as I said hence my comments back. I wasn't the only one who thought that btw.

I accepted, and can understand that you have misread what I wrote. Being a flippant, throwaway comment that is understandable. What I can't understand is you still insisting 3 pages later that you know better than I do what I meant.

The video I see when I click onto the link does say what it is underneath it, it's a Russian chap doing an art he says he discovered hidden away somewhere. Now that may not be what other people in other countries see but it's what I get.

if people don't understand what others mean then they should ask or explain better, not get someone else to explain what they thought they mean, they also should not insult them by calling them names.

No, it doesn't say what it is.

I agree - if people don't understand what others mean they should ask. You didn't.

If people are misunderstood, they should explain better. I did.

You insisted again and again that you know better than I do what it was I meant, and were offended by it. Well, good for you. [Edit - Further scorn removed]

Last edited:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or, there's a good chance you've had it explained to you, repeatedly, yet insist that your misreading is the correct one. This prompts those who have NOT misread it to explain it to you, in an attempt to resolve this ridiculous discussion.

And who had ever said anything about 'fraud busting'? Not sure exactly why my name is in quotation marks.. do you doubt I exist, or that I am who I claim to be?

I accepted, and can understand that you have misread what I wrote. Being a flippant, throwaway comment that is understandable. What I can't understand is you still insisting 3 pages later that you know better than I do what I meant.

No, it doesn't say what it is.

I agree - if people don't understand what others mean they should ask. You didn't.

If people are misunderstood, they should explain better. I did.

You insisted again and again that you know better than I do what it was I meant, and were offended by it. Well, good for you. I hope you revel in your victim status, and valiantly inform others on social media that you are 'standing up to a bully.' I've got better things to do with my time.
You're wasting your time dude. Don't get sucked in.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin's Note:

Please stay on topic. If you don't like what someone has to say, then you can use the "ignore user" feature that is part of the Xenforo bulletin board software.

VPT

Green Belt
Reaction score
Chris, unless you post on other forums, are fluent with non-Indo-European languages and know the difference that an umlaut can make... I don't think it was you. :D