What part of illegal do you not understand?

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am an avid watcher of COPS, I am entertained by the stupidity. For example- I remember one episode where a lady flags down the police to recover her money that a drug dealer took for drugs but failed to deliver. Hmmm ........makes sense?

Just on the news .... a man from Guatemala makes his way to Florida, works for 10 years doing odd jobs saving every penny. He decides to return home to make a new life for himself. He goes to the airport with a bag full of money 59,000 and wonders why the authorities want to confiscate it. DUH you were in the country illegally, you did not declare income tax, you didn't even bother to learn to speak english, you were HERE ILLEGALLY!

A 16 year old kid cannot keep any earnings from a slot machine if he wins- why? He is not allowed legally to play the machine!!!

DUH!!!!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No one ever said criminals were smart..

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No one ever said criminals were smart..

And that is what makes them so much fun to watch.

I had a guy (a cleaner actually) tell me one night about how he was able to get through a lock and chain on a fridge and not break anything or damage it in anyway and then take money that the people of that office kept in the fridge. HE continued to tell me this story even though I told him several times from beginning to end hat he REALLY did not want to be telling me this.

Interesting thing about this is I was uniformed security (in full uniform), on duty, and the state office he JUST did this in, at the time he told me this story.

He was rather surprised when he got in a whole lot of trouble, fired, arrested, etc.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always enjoy the "Dumb Criminal News" on the radio. :D

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
People are stupid. They walk in the street then act indignant when you honk at them, even though there is a perfectly fine sidewalk.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am an avid watcher of COPS, I am entertained by the stupidity. For example- I remember one episode where a lady flags down the police to recover her money that a drug dealer took for drugs but failed to deliver. Hmmm ........makes sense?

DUH!!!!

This first part reminded me of a Dearborn, MI Cop's call to 911 thinking he and his wife may have od on mj.

"We made brownies, I think we're dead."
"Time is going by really really really slow."
"What's the score in the Red Wings game?"

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=34c749cd-cb81-4dea-8461-babd2508b53b

LOL!

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
heh the local radio station I listen to in the mornings on the way home from work has a "Stupid News" bit just loaded with stuff like this. I love hearing the stories.

OP
kuntawguro

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
that would make a good addition here- The stupid news report!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you only HEAR about the dumb criminals. If its truly an intelligent criminal, you'll never hear of them....because they won't get caught!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you only HEAR about the dumb criminals. If its truly an intelligent criminal, you'll never hear of them....because they won't get caught!

Eh, Id almost agree with this, except Ive watched enough Discovery Channel to know that sometimes the cops are just smarter, or get lucky.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh, Id almost agree with this, except Ive watched enough Discovery Channel to know that sometimes the cops are just smarter, or get lucky.

If you're really smart, you do the crime, then go back to regular life and never do another one. Most of the problems with criminals getting caught are that they get greedy and keep going. Do it once, figure they can't get caught and KEEP DOING it. Eventually get sloppy.

Now, I'm by no means saying that its ok or that anyone should go commit a crime, but like we're talking about....you read the news and watch TV and its like..."DUH! you could have gotten away with it if you weren't stupid." Although, as a law abiding citizen, I'm GLAD they're mostly stupid.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you're really smart, you do the crime, then go back to regular life and never do another one. Most of the problems with criminals getting caught are that they get greedy and keep going. Do it once, figure they can't get caught and KEEP DOING it. Eventually get sloppy.

Now, I'm by no means saying that its ok or that anyone should go commit a crime, but like we're talking about....you read the news and watch TV and its like..."DUH! you could have gotten away with it if you weren't stupid." Although, as a law abiding citizen, I'm GLAD they're mostly stupid.
If you're really smart you don't do the crime at all. The criminals that get me are the guys like Son of Sam, Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer that are psychotically meticulous in their commission of the crime and may very well go for years without getting caught. Makes me wonder how their brain works. Stupid criminals, I think, should get an extra bit of punishment for their crimes. Something fitting like having the judge whack 'em in the back of the head at sentencing and asking "What are you? Stupid?"

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Something fitting like having the judge whack 'em in the back of the head at sentencing and asking "What are you? Stupid?"

LOL.

But then we'd be seeing youtube videos of "another criminal struck by a judge"...

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or they'll simply get fired and get paid millions for their efforts. Better rewards if you bilk thousands out of their retirement benefits etc.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
People are stupid. They walk in the street then act indignant when you honk at them, even though there is a perfectly fine sidewalk.

I didn't know you lived in my city too! :)

I remember talking with an inmate one time and he was very irrate because someone broke into his apartment and stole his marijuana and he couldn't figure out why he got arrested for the other drugs when he was the victim!

But, if people weren't so dumb, I'd be out of a job.

OP
kuntawguro

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A local man here just killed a pregnant cow hooks it up to his truct and drags it home. He is caught by police and explains he thought it was a cyote.

Local prosecutor won't prosecute

http://www.record-eagle.com/local/local_story_338094604.html

d'oh!

he had no hunting license, it wasn't his cow, he discharged a weapon in an area that does not allow hunting or firearms discharging
What Part of illegal did he not understand???????

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A local man here just killed a pregnant cow hooks it up to his truct and drags it home. He is caught by police and explains he thought it was a cyote.

d'oh!

he had no hunting license, it wasn't his cow, he discharged a weapon in an area that does not allow hunting or firearms discharging

Oh brother!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score

d'oh!

I heard about that idiot clear over here 1500 miles away. I remember growing up in Mid-Michigan and we would put the horses in the barn for 2 weeks out of the year and not let them out during the day. Can you guess what the dates were? Yep, deer season. Idiots have been around as long as people have, I'm pretty sure one of Adam and Eves kids was lacking any common sense, and that defective gene has been passed down to this day.

We had a guy who stole a police car from our local department (cut our vehicle number in half real quick.) Problem was, he drove back by the cop and waved out the window at him on his way home to hide the car in his barn. They were childhood friends and still knew each other very well. He claimed he did it to show the cop he shouldn't leave his car running for even a minute, and didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Said he was only going to keep it for a week or so then bring it back. How many ways can you say STUPID!

Latest Discussions