What Ninjutsu you study?

goldstandard

White Belt
Reaction score
I study with the Bellaire Bujinkan in Houston TX under Brian Tritico. just got my 9kyu green.

Jim

emerald_ninja

White Belt
Reaction score
I study Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, I have been training for around 1 year and I recently passed my test for 6th Kyu and I hope that I will be training for years to come. I am more interested in the history and cultural aspects of this art that has school's (Ryu-ha), six that where created by the samurai as well as three that are ninjutsu schools.
I am also interested in learning more about Genbukan and Jineakan.

Indagator

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I train in the Bujinkan. Our shidoshi usually refers to our training as Ninpo Taijutsu.

I would not consider training with another organisation personally, as to me it is important to stay within the organisation that Soke has established.

I mean no offense to those who are with other organisations, I am simply stating my reasons and personal point of view here :)

emerald_ninja

White Belt
Reaction score
I am studying Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu and I recently passed my test for 6th Kyu. I also think that Genbukan, Jinnekan and To-shindo are interesting.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
EWBell was referring to gold_warrior there, as he put both "Budo Taijitsu (sic)" and Jinenkan down. Budo Taijutsu is the exclusive providence of the Bujinkan, and is not found anywhere else (the other Kan's don't teach it, as it is Hatsumi Sensei's creation and expression of martial arts). There is also standing orders for members of the Bujinkan (and the Genbukan) to not train in other Ninjutsu organisations/schools, so training in both the Bujinkan and the Jinenkan is explicitly forbidden. That's why EWBell is seeking clarification here.

yakuzanobi

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm blessed to be training with the Bujinkan, Benevolent Heart Dojo in Hawaii. Life is good.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No you don't, Billy. You have a Toshindo home training course, a very small part of which comes from Togakure Ryu, but honestly I don't think you could really say much about Togakure Ryu itself.

bljohnson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tried a handful of arts before starting in the Bujinkan. I was lucky enough to have a very good instructor. I remember thinking after trying my first class how much it hurt. That was in 1995 and I have enjoyed every day of it.

Latest Discussions