What makes a good teacher?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha.. how bout SHURA-KAE? Sound more martial-artsy XD

Or RASHA-UKE? It's a super secret block no one knows about... lmao...
I like both of those. Or, we can reverse that last one - UKE-RASHA. Then we make up something about how it's reversed and means the opposite (I've actually heard that said about aiki and kiai).

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like both of those. Or, we can reverse that last one - UKE-RASHA. Then we make up something about how it's reversed and means the opposite (I've actually heard that said about aiki and kiai).
Haha... Yeah have read that too, it's a actually a cool idea I reckon.

Yeah instead of blocking rashes, it causes them XD

taistrong

White Belt
Reaction score
I am not a teacher but my mom is. I think she has the perfect blend of compassion and discipline with her students. It's also about instilling knowledge that is not just pertaining to the subject matter but also about knowledge in the real world. Like how to be a dreamer, disciplined, kind, and hard working.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am not a teacher but my mom is. I think she has the perfect blend of compassion and discipline with her students. It's also about instilling knowledge that is not just pertaining to the subject matter but also about knowledge in the real world. Like how to be a dreamer, disciplined, kind, and hard working.

Welcome to Martialtalk, Taistrong. :)

Latest Discussions