What made you want to train in Martial Arts?

Mr.NayNay

White Belt
Reaction score
So I have a question and this might seem to general or to specific and that is what made "you" choose to train in Martial arts? For me I was going through a tough time and used martial arts as an outlet to help me grow mentally and emotionally. I was just curious of what made you all train in martial arts.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a very recent post asking the exact same question. Look a few down from yours in the active post section.

OP
Mr.NayNay

Mr.NayNay

White Belt
Reaction score
There is a very recent post asking the exact same question. Look a few down from yours in the active post section.
Okay I didn't know that this was a frequent asked question.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Needed a toolset so I could bash people more effectively.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
This thread again already? Has it been the requisite 3 months?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay I didn't know that this was a frequent asked question.

It's literally one of the most recent threads in the forum. If you looked at the 10 most recent threads in General, this would have been there.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I have a question and this might seem to general or to specific and that is what made "you" choose to train in Martial arts? For me I was going through a tough time and used martial arts as an outlet to help me grow mentally and emotionally. I was just curious of what made you all train in martial arts.
Here's the thread in question that people are referring to. What got you into martial arts?

Something that i was taught/advised a while ago, was when you go to a new forum, spend some time reading over what's already there. And if you have a new question, spend 5-10 minutes searching to see if it's already been asked.

Most people who use forums regularly already know/do that on some level, so you'll get some backlash if you violate that idea (it gets frustrating reading the same questions over and over), so keep it in the mind for the future.

D

Deleted member 39746

See the thread in question was made in 2016. It need a overhaul for the new year. :p

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've told this story before, but I don't mind repeating it.

I was bullied horribly in high school. That was the primary incentive for my starting training - to make sure nothing like that ever happened again.

Dark cloud - silver lining, karma, whatever you want to call it: Today I am a Master Instructor who gets to teach kids how to not be bullied the way I was, and I am happily married to the love of my life, whom I met through Taekwondo. My bully? He's dead - turned into a worthless drunk who shot himself in an apartment that he shared with a group of homosexual prostitutes.

The best revenge is living well.