what kind of tabi?

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
what kind do you use:
claps or velcro?
why <insert your preference here>?

i use velcro because those are the ones sensei prefers and i bought them through him.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
what kind do you use:
claps or velcro?
why <insert your preference here>?

i use velcro because those are the ones sensei prefers and i bought them through him.

I prefer the "Chedal" Tabi running shoe by Royal Elastics to traditional tabi, as they last longer and provide better foot support.

www.royalelastics.com

0314_002_big.jpg

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i have seen the chedals. they are really nice. can't afford them yet. maybe someone here will buy me them for christmas...? ;)
nike also offers the "air rifts."

peace

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I use chedals. They are cool. Haven't seen the Air Rifts by Nike. Seems like they're hard do find. Technopunk, what color you got?

M

MisterMike

I just ordered a pair of Tabi - I think they are going to be the clasp type, but they are the low cut ones so it sill shouldn't take long to get 'em on.

Haven't had a pair in years but I plan on doing some outside training again and wanted something traditional.

E

Elizium

£25 will buy you the cheap velcro ones that fall apart in 1 month. Unless you go to Japan and get some real good ones, then you have to pick and choose which ones are the better.

A

AaronLucia

I have the velcro tabi, but have considered buying the clasp type ones.

From what iv'e seen, the ones from Japan seem to be better than anything else, but i can't be factual on that.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I bought me some velcro cheap-o ($30) ones from AKMAS and they have lasted me 7 months so far (they look like crap, though) and I have worn them everywhere. even in the river for "watersocks".

OP
E

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
gmunoz said:
I also have some with the suede bottoms. I like those best. Purchased them from www.martialartsupply.com. THere you go Enson! How's that for advertising? Chedels from Royal Elastics are pretty good.
well there you go. we do offer everything! hee hee! thanks guys! hey gmunoz where are you located at in central cal? i live in the mountains above fresno... want to get together and train? pm me with your location if you want.

peace

Latest Discussions