What kind of fighter are you?

OP
C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by satans.barber
I guess this is in relation to sparring is it?

Ian.

Well, yes and no. I don't really spar anymore, at least in the point sparring sense. And I think there are many who train the same. But some people spar often and that is their sense of fighting. So whatever fits your training style, that is what the question is in relation to.

OP
K

kenpo12

Good thread, here are my two cents.

I would say I'm a technician. I generally stick and move until I either find or create an opening and once I can drop my solid right punch I throw a flurry of specific yet constant punches. I tend pick apart my opponents strategy by getting a beat on their rhythm, and dominating their center line. After that it really doesn't matter how strong they are or how hard they hit because they have to get to me to use it.

OP

2fisted

I'm a little dude, so I fight really close in and really dirty. I guess I could be called:

The Stain

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I like to think of myself as the "Reluctant Fighter".
I hate fighting (real fighting that is) and will do almost anything to get out of it, including accepting some nasty verbal insults. I look at it like "yielding". No one can hit you if your not there to connect with the punch, same with verbal abuses, if you take the abuse and throw nothing back, what do they have to start a fight with?

Anyway, I am reluctant to fight, but dont push past that line. Reluctancy gives way to severity.

7sm

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
When I was in my early twenties, I was at a class outside of PAX River. I was sparring a marine at the time, after wards he said fighting me was like fighting a bull. No matter how hard he hit me, I just looked at him with a bored expression until I had had enough, and then I hit back. The nick name "Bull" stuck for many years......

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig
When I was in my early twenties, I was at a class outside of PAX River. I was sparring a marine at the time, after wards he said fighting me was like fighting a bull. No matter how hard he hit me, I just looked at him with a bored expression until I had had enough, and then I hit back. The nick name "Bull" stuck for many years......

Well, I guess our Pay-Per-View is off then....................(whew):eek:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I use Kicks & Strikes on The Feet take The Fight
to the Ground. & Strike & Wrestle until I can Get a hold on
The Arm ,Leg or Neck.

I love The Cross Armlock But have also Used
Ankel locks , Strangel holds,Kneebars & figure 4 holds

I have fought in in MMA, Kumite Ju Jitsu & Submisson Wrestling
I have also Practise Modern Arnis for 6 Years
as well as JKD & Bando
My Record at this Moment is this

19 - 4 >Kumite Ju Jitsu ( Kicks, Strkies Throws & Takedowns & Submissons allowed on the Leg,Arm & Neck) Striking on the Ground is not allowed.

06- 2 > Grappling (5 Won bye Submisson 1 on points & 2 lost on points)

1-0 >Mixed Martial Arts( Win By Heelhook / Kneebar)

OP
J

Josh

I'm the In Fighter type. I like to deflect alot, then really quick, shoot a long fist into the face area.

Latest Discussions