What Is Your Plan When The **** Hits The Fan??????

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would direct you to my latest blog post. Hopefully it will generate some critical thought on self-defense and personal protection in your life. That and some discussion.....

The Instinctive Edge

Note: due to the word **** in the link it will not directly link to that blog post. So because I continually blog just go the page and either scroll down or search for it on my blog utillizing the search function! Thanks

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Is Your Plan When The **** Hits The Fan??????

Blame someone else and run away.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually skip the pistol: the shotgun is that close, so that's what I go to.

Back in New York, I had two break ins while at home. Went for the shotgun, racked the slide and said (lying at the top of the stairs) Get out of my hourse, or I will shoot you!, all while dialing the police.

They ran. Both times.

"The KERCHUCK! of death." Gotta love it.
rolling.gif

Actual "plans" have evolved since then, to include kids, and not, to include guns, and not, and from house to house.

These days, I rather pity anyone who tries-we're all old and cranky here-there is no warning KERCHUCK! anymore, or warning for that 0230 scenario of yours. We'll call the cops, but get past the outside dog, enter the sight window, and you're gonna get shot.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the variety of fecal matter and the details of the rotary atmospheric displacement device.
For the classic thump in the middle of the night... well, right next to my bed is a rapid access safe containing a suppressed (it's bad manners to disturb the neighbors) Glock 41.

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thought I would direct you to my latest blog post. Hopefully it will generate some critical thought on self-defense and personal protection in your life. That and some discussion.....

The Instinctive Edge

I am out of luck. :p

I have various potent things in my bedroom (an inexpensive but battle ready katana, a bokken, nunchuks, a walking stick, tonfas, and knives), but nothing that beats a gun. I have weapons stashed throughout my house, but again, they aren't guns. I wouldn't say I'm in too much danger where I live, but I would still prefer to have one. I would need to rely on surprise and silence. Odds are though, those are going to be my enemy's advantages.

Orange Lightning

Purple Belt
Reaction score

The Instinctive Edge

I thought it was going to be about, like, the government collapsing, the zombie apocalypse, etc. xD I swear, that are going to be dead people hold crowbars everywhere. :p This makes way more sense.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't really have the stuff or the lifestyle to warrant getting home invaded.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think only the rich get attacked, then you need to wake up and smell the crime stats.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Reactions: MJS

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you think only the rich get attacked, then you need to wake up and smell the crime stats.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Well the rich and drug dealers. Nobody is coming to kick my door in for my playstation 360.

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well the rich and drug dealers. Nobody is coming to kick my door in for my playstation 360.

Did you go to college? Thats the one of most common thing stolen from dorms\apartments

Electronics in general are some of the first things that theives are gona take if they can...

They arent just looking for house safes and jewelery.

Youre lucky you apparently live in a low crime area, but the idea that youre safe from it really isnt right.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you go to college? Thats the one of most common thing stolen from dorms\apartments

Electronics in general are some of the first things that theives are gona take if they can...

They arent just looking for house safes and jewelery.

Youre lucky you apparently live in a low crime area, but the idea that youre safe from it really isnt right.

If it is a choice between killing someone in my lounge room and letting them have my X box?

They can have the X box.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But do they know that?:)

Seriously. I don't know about about other countries but here if someone has gone to the effort of kicking in your door and doing a home invasion. You generally have deserved it. It means you are selling drugs. Are invoked in gangs or slept with someone's girlfriend.

But if you are really concerned. One thing nobody mentioned in all the guns and dogs and other ninja stuff.

Buy a lock.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Seriously. I don't know about about other countries but here if someone has gone to the effort of kicking in your door and doing a home invasion. You generally have deserved it. It means you are selling drugs. Are invoked in gangs or slept with someone's girlfriend.

But if you are really concerned. One thing nobody mentioned in all the guns and dogs and other ninja stuff.

Buy a lock.

These people, and more, all had locks.

Arrest in home invasion Ocala.com

Fitchburg police probe armed home invasion - Sentinel Enterprise

Suspects in Gatineau home robbery armed with shotgun hammer - Yahoo News Canada

Google
(About 21,000,000 results (0.44 seconds)

Home invasion - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score

Buy a lock.

By definition a home invasion is when you are home so a lock isn't going to help. They con you to open the door then rush in. On thing to consider is that things are different in different parts of the country or the world. And everyone will have different circumstances that they have to live in. I have posted on this before and people here seem to dismiss my posts but less then 20 min from my house there was two men who picked their target at the grocery store and followed them home. Knocked on the door and when the husband opened the door they beat him with a baseball bat, tied him in the basement. Then proceeded to rape his wife and his 11 and 15 year old daughters for a period of 6 hours. The girls where all tied to beds and the men poured gasoline over them and set them on fire.

Why.....because they wanted to. No more no less..they wanted to.
So much for the excuse of people deserving it.
Drop bear you rally need to rethink your post and except that there are bad people in the world and that your reality may not hold true for everyone.