What is your plan for re-opening?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Take specific areas out, and those numbers tell a different story. The US is a huge area, and needs to be viewed as a set of regions for numbers to mean much. State-by-state is probably the easiest clear picture - similar to viewing Europe country-by-country.
you can break every country down into what ever sized regions fit your narrative, as it happens its ONE country

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can break every country down into what ever sized regions fit your narrative, as it happens its ONE country
That’s arbitrary. But you’ve shown before you don’t quite understand how data analysis works.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Both hospitalizations and positive test rates are on the rise in most areas. Those are the numbers least likely to be skewed upward by increased testing. In fact, it would be more reasonable for increased testing (beyond likely symptoms) to decrease the positive test rate.
Unless a lot of people are asymptomatic.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That’s arbitrary. But you’ve shown before you don’t quite understand how data analysis works.
i know how to manipulate data to get the answer you want, which is what your doing, you decided that this pandemic was a major threat to you, yours and mankind in general since early on and have been selectively quoting data to make it seem far worse than it is ever since

world wide the death rate from people actually ill with the disease has staid at less than one %, thats one % of a very small section of the public, in america thats 1 % of circa 2 million, which is then statically negligible out of a 300,000000 population
even more those deaths are largely made up of the aged and or other wise in firmed, it isnt and never was a serious threat to most of the population,

id air my views that many of the lock down measures have been largely counter productive in that they have failed to protect the vulnerable whilst increasing the infection in the population as a whole, that will i believe be shown to be the case, certainly in the UK, probably in a lot of other places when the public enquires and people suing the government for neglect actually come to fruition

the death rate is falling because a large number of those particularly vulnerable are already dead, if its increasing in discrete clusters thats because they still are not protecting the vulnerable in that area, they wernt when the lock down was in operation, it makes little difference if they stop the lock down or not

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know how to manipulate data to get the answer you want, which is what your doing, you decided that this pandemic was a major threat to you, yours and mankind in general since early on and have been selectively quoting data to make it seem far worse than it is ever since

world wide the death rate from people actually ill with the disease has staid at less than one %, thats one % of a very small section of the public, in america thats 1 % of circa 2 million, which is then statically negligible out of a 300,000000 population
even more those deaths are largely made up of the aged and or other wise in firmed, it isnt and never was a serious threat to most of the population,

id air my views that many of the lock down measures have been largely counter productive in that they have failed to protect the vulnerable whilst increasing the infection in the population as a whole, that will i believe be shown to be the case, certainly in the UK, probably in a lot of other places when the public enquires and people suing the government for neglect actually come to fruition

the death rate is falling because a large number of those particularly vulnerable are already dead, if its increasing in discrete clusters thats because they still are not protecting the vulnerable in that area, they wernt when the lock down was in operation, it makes little difference if they stop the lock down or not
There’s an opposite problem to what you suggest I’m doing. Bad news can be buried in larger batches of data. One division of a company can do well enough the company profits, though all other divisions lose money. The truth isn’t that the company is doing well, because that buried the problems growing in many areas.

That’s what you’re doing g by insisting on covering bad news regions with the gains made in other regions. Use data to find truth, rather than to support your narrative.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There’s an opposite problem to what you suggest I’m doing. Bad news can be buried in larger batches of data. One division of a company can do well enough the company profits, though all other divisions lose money. The truth isn’t that the company is doing well, because that buried the problems growing in many areas.

That’s what you’re doing g by insisting on covering bad news regions with the gains made in other regions. Use data to find truth, rather than to support your narrative.
any one dieing is bad news those deaths are being reported, no one is hiding them

most of the deaths were preventable, no one is actually broadcasting that as yet, though there are rumblings in the UK, that truth will also out in the fullness of time, though im sure they would like to cover it up, but big data batches will show that to be true, small data batches as you know can be very misleading

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Both hospitalizations and positive test rates are on the rise in most areas. Those are the numbers least likely to be skewed upward by increased testing.
This doesn't even factor in for me. A good sign would be higher testing and fewer people testing positive. I know lately the phrase has been " more people are testing positive because we are doing more testing." My look at it is simply. "more people are testing positive because more people are getting it." New Zealand does a large amount of testings and they recently discover 3 new cases out of the entire country. So I try to remind myself the reason their are more cases is because more people are catching it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any one dieing is bad news those deaths are being reported, no one is hiding them

most of the deaths were preventable, no one is actually broadcasting that as yet, though there are rumblings in the UK, that truth will also out in the fullness of time, though im sure they would like to cover it up, but big data batches will show that to be true, small data batches as you know can be very misleading
Man, you have no idea.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This doesn't even factor in for me. A good sign would be higher testing and fewer people testing positive. I know lately the phrase has been " more people are testing positive because we are doing more testing." My look at it is simply. "more people are testing positive because more people are getting it." New Zealand does a large amount of testings and they recently discover 3 new cases out of the entire country. So I try to remind myself the reason their are more cases is because more people are catching it.
well no, they found three new people out of however many they tested and as they didnt test the whole country , that was NOT three new cases in the WHOLE country and they wernt NEW cases, they mostly certainly had it short while to even be picked by the test

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well no, they found three new people out of however many they tested and as they didnt test the whole country , that was NOT three new cases in the WHOLE country and they wernt NEW cases, they mostly certainly had it short while to even be picked by the test
upload_2020-6-23_20-16-4.png

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
upload_2020-6-23_20-17-56.png

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since he also used the phrase “they discover”, then yes, it is for the whole country.

Now try some argument of substance, rather than retreating to this kind of crap.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since he also used the phrase “they discover”, then yes, it is for the whole country.

Now try some argument of substance, rather than retreating to this kind of crap.
no he used the phrase '' they discovered in the WHOLE country'' that is only an accurate description if the checked the WHOLE country, there no indication on the data he provided that they checked any one( test) let alone 5, 000000 people which they would have needed to do if they checked the WHOLE country

thats like me discovering two pounds down the back of the sofa and saying ive discovered two pounds in the whole country

if i then go on to suggest that these are the only two pounds in the whole country, then that is clearly very miss leading

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does anyone else believe this thing has been around for decades or even centuries? Not until it had been given a name and forced into the center of attention did it matter at all.
Ulterior motives on multiple fronts? Yes, I truly think so.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does anyone else believe this thing has been around for decades or even centuries? Not until it had been given a name and forced into the center of attention did it matter at all.
well covid has been aroind a lobg time, quite possibly for eons, covid 19 has olso been around a good while , but not in a state where it could ibfect humans, its real

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no he used the phrase '' they discovered in the WHOLE country'' that is only an accurate description if the checked the WHOLE country, there no indication on the data he provided that they checked any one( test) let alone 5, 000000 people which they would have needed to do if they checked the WHOLE country

thats like me discovering two pounds down the back of the sofa and saying ive discovered two pounds in the whole country

if i then go on to suggest that these are the only two pounds in the whole country, then that is clearly very miss leading
Language and communication don’t work the way you think they do.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upon what do you base that conspiracy theory?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Upon what do you base that conspiracy theory?
The basis is about as prevalent at the one supporting the current theory.
As much as I loathe doing so, I have to agree with Jobo that the data is/can be made to produce what is desired.
A sad but true fact.

Latest Discussions