What is your favorite Freestyle maneuver?

What are your favorite freestyle maneuvers........

• Backfist

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Reverse Punch

• Ridgehand

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Groin grab

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Take Downs

• Side Kick

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Roundhouse kick

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Front kick

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Spinning Kicks

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by True2Kenpo
I love the sidekick in freestyle and I guess also in self-defense.

I'm with Mr. Ryer on this one...sidekick has to be my fav. in sparring. 'specially that nice little corner with the floaters and the diaphragm...:D but I also enjoy a good placed round kick...people don't think a fat guy can move. ;) I just really like my distance between me and the person I'm squaring off with...:D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Chronuss
I'm with Mr. Ryer on this one...sidekick has to be my fav. in sparring. 'specially that nice little corner with the floaters and the diaphragm...:D but I also enjoy a good placed round kick...people don't think a fat guy can move. ;) I just really like my distance between me and the person I'm squaring off with...:D
That's true, people don't think a fat guy can move. I believe he is talking about his experience with his instructor, Chronuss is not fat at all.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
Chronuss is not fat at all.

use to be...still got some pounds to shed...'specially after X-mas and such...but people look at me and believe I'm a slow and lumbering individual...which I usually am until given a purpose. ;)

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Brian Jones
I always liked a good side kick, ridge hand, and hook kick. haven't seen anyone mention the hook kick.
We generally use the hook kick as part of a kicking combination. Very seldom do we use it as a stand alone move, unless the opponent just leaves us no other option;)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah...the hook-round combo hasn't been used in quite some time...we all got use to use to it...last person I used it against was Sean, wasn't it Seig...? ;) ...think he got a side kick after that.

D

dcence

The most effective and probably least used freestyle technique is one I patented. I point at their chest as if they dropped some food on it and when they look down I quickly brush my fingers up their face. That gets 'em everytime.

:rofl:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Chronuss
yeah...the hook-round combo hasn't been used in quite some time...we all got use to use to it...last person I used it against was Sean, wasn't it Seig...? ;) ...think he got a side kick after that.

Since you have all these long legged people in class, who is the oldest person you have in that "Enter The Dragon" school? :eek:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
Since you have all these long legged people in class, who is the oldest person you have in that "Enter The Dragon" school? :eek:

Probably Tess... they scared off anyone older...

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ceicei
Probably Tess... they scared off anyone older...

I doubt there's many women out there my age that could keep up with my 'pack' as I do :rofl:

To keep things on topic..
I like the round to spinning back.. and use it all the time.. then plant and come in with the force of hands.. Keeps those young ones on their toes..