What is your favorite Freestyle maneuver?

What are your favorite freestyle maneuvers........

• Backfist

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Reverse Punch

• Ridgehand

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Groin grab

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Take Downs

• Side Kick

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Roundhouse kick

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Front kick

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Spinning Kicks

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I usually don't stop til the parson I am freestyling against is on the ground. If it is free sparring with pads and and point tournament rules I like combinations taht are equal portions hand and foot.

C

clapping_tiger

By far it is the ridgehand for me. Just a personal thing, no real reason except it always works well for me.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure I can put an exact favorite down. I like many several things that work well for me. :asian:

R

RCastillo

I used to enjoy sweeping, but have tried to be more of a purer technician, than a trickster through the years. I used to use boxing the ears off of people who got too stupid with me.:eek:

M

MartialArtsGuy

The JAB

is my all time favorite, there is so much you can do with it. It can be whipping snapping or thrusting. You can fake with it, control distance with it. It is great for setting up another move, weather it be another strike, take down or choke. It's can be a great stinger. If you really develope it, it can be lightning fast and powerfull. It comes off the lead hand which makes it easy not to telegraph it. It is great from point of origin and feels natural from many positions. I have spent alot of time on my jab and I think it is a great move.

K

kenpo12

The reverse punch is always the fight ender for me. I like the jab and hook punches and other things too, but it's all to set up my baby. The reverse punch.

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Kenpoists,

I love the sidekick in freestyle and I guess also in self-defense.

The best is when you can hit the opponent right under their guard and not only does it jam their motion, but you can maintain cover of your centerline.

However, the roundhouse kick is great too!! :)

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ahhh the Front kick is my friend :) the first we learn and first to be put on a shelf to gather dust.. It's so versatile and in freestyle.. I get it in every time.
Course I love take downs too.. and invariably end up in a grappling match :D

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess
ahhh the Front kick is my friend :) the first we learn and first to be put on a shelf to gather dust.. It's so versatile and in freestyle.. I get it in every time.
Course I love take downs too.. and invariably end up in a grappling match :D

Ohhhhhhh, I wanna grapple with you!;) (Just teasing):eek:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The reverse punch is my bread and butter maneuver, however I also love the backfist, roundhouse and ridgehand and of of course the patented Conatser takedowns!

Front kicks are definately out for me. Every time I try to throw one I Jam something!!!!!!!!

:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig
I have a hard time answering this one, it's like asking me which of my children is my favorite......

Boy, you're worse than the Goldendragon.:p

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My favorite hand move is the backfist and my favorite kick is the roundhouse. Of course, I try to vary the punches and kicks...

- Ceicei

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
This is going to sound like no answer, but here it is:
What I rely on depends on who I am fighting and what kind of fighter they are. I am really fond of my front kick, I have a fairly decent round kick, and my spinning side is passable. I like to use a whipping knife hand for my jab and often follow it with a snapping rear hand back fist (reminiscent of raining claw). If someone is charging I like to use a front hand thrusting horizontal punch. I have a right hook with a mind of it's own, I never know when it's going to join in the fray. So for me, it all depends.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig
This is going to sound like no answer, but here it is:
What I rely on depends on who I am fighting and what kind of fighter they are. I am really fond of my front kick, I have a fairly decent round kick, and my spinning side is passable. I like to use a whipping knife hand for my jab and often follow it with a snapping rear hand back fist (reminiscent of raining claw). If someone is charging I like to use a front hand thrusting horizontal punch. I have a right hook with a mind of it's own, I never know when it's going to join in the fray. So for me, it all depends.

Moral of this story:

Stay away from Seig, too much pain here.:eek:

K

Kenpomachine

Side kicks and uppercuts for me. They work nicely in counters ;)

Latest Discussions