What is your favorite area of Kenpo......

What is your favorite area of American Kenpo?

• Self Defense Techniques

• Forms

• Sets

• Basics

• Freestyle

• Conditioning

• History and Traditions

• Social

Results are only viewable after voting.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The techniques by far and especially how they are structured into the system, IE--24 per belt, you can tell Mr. Parker put in a lot of thought into this. It is all very organized, and filtered, I like that.

Most difficult thing for me is to read on the history, where it originates from, once you get to Mitose it all goes gray.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was in my twenties, I really liked the techniques. I was out of Kenpo for a while (12 years) and then came back. Now, while I still enjoy the techniques ( the more contact the better), I have a greater respect for the forms. I guess being in my thirties and getting older changes your prespective a bit. It's funny, when I was younger I didn't like lots of contact. Now I do. Strange huh?

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite area of Kenpo used to be Salt Lake, now it's becoming the mid-west.

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
I voted for basics, because forms, techniques, and fighting is really nothing than a series of basics put together in such a way to accomplish your immediate desire.

Without the ability to perform basic movements well, all is lost and Kenpo becomes that which it is often accused of being - a slap art.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
When Grandmaster Parker told his storys-it always led up to(How to defend)I remember the art of fight with out fight.He told the story of the challange will Abe Lincon & to end a fight with logic was (to me) the best way for using a techniquice.

PandN

White Belt
Reaction score
I voted for Self Defense Techniques because they open you up to all type of new fighting maneuvers that many other forms of martial arts do not employ.

OneKickWonder

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Forms seem to calm me before I start the class. They tune your mind into what you about to do. They also are a good warm up to get the blood flowing.

nlkenpo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Basics....Basics leads to everything else

Of course basics lead to everything else, but that doesn't mean they got to be favorite.

Breathing is essential to live, but that doesn't make breathing my favorite activity in life!!

In Kenpo it's techniques and self defense improvisation.

In life...... let's not talk about that on this forum :whip1:

Marcel

KenpoGunz

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Self-Defense Techs and Sparring. I like talking about the concepts too. It's nice to understand how everything works together.

Raining Lance

White Belt
Reaction score
Well what i like, which was not posted, is weapons forms and techniques. i find this most enjoyable. from the ones that were listed i like normal forms and self defense techniques.

Sigung LaBounty

White Belt
Reaction score
Taking a certain person who I promoted to 6th degree, out to the woodshed, bringing in a 2x4 that's been soaking in motoroil for a month, and LAYING THE WOOD TO HIM FOR NOT CHECKING ON HIS BELOVED SIGUNG!
Michael Billings do not touch this post. I still have the punishment gi and it's still pink!!!
Now that's fun!!!