What is the art that applies mechanics peacefully (for me to train in)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shia

White Belt
Reaction score
My mother hardly accept violence. I've been suggested Tai Chi but i think most teachers are females. Hahaha. I'm afraid of females.

Peace

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Aikido I think is along those lines and might be what you're after? It's your decision though (depending on how old you are)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My mother hardly accept violence. I've been suggested Tai Chi but i think most teachers are females. Hahaha. I'm afraid of females.

Peace
Unrelated, but just so you are aware, the website in your bio doesn't work.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many Aikido schools are more focused on the movement and principles of aiki than on actual defense. Within many schools, they hold that the principles are there to avoid violence. I wouldn't recommend those schools for learning to defend yourself, but they are an excellent fit for what you are seeking.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
You thought wrong plenty of guys and girls teach Tai chi.

PS. You have a strange fear. Don't worry. Tai chi is great. I'm sure whoever is teaching will likely welcome you.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Peace

Just to clarify, when you say "applying the art peacefully" do you mean having no physical contact at all, or only contact that doesn't severely harm your opponent? With such strict limitations it makes me wonder why you are looking to join a Martial Art in the first place. Anyway, when it comes to Tai Chi there are 2 broad categories. The first is what I would define as "leisure Tai Chi" which is what you generally find offered at most sports centres. This kind of Tai Chi doesn't focus on the Martial Side at all and is more akin to palates than any martial arts. They won't teach you the applications for the movements and there won't be able kind of meaningful physical contact. The other branch of Tai Chi is "martial" Tai Chi, which focuses more on the fighting applications of the art, as well as the culture and lineage of the style (most "leisure Tai Chi" teachers don't have a clue where their forms come from or what lineage they are from).

What you'll find is that most people on these forums that practice Tai Chi have studied the "martial" side of it, usually from a Chinese Master of some lineage or another, which is why they would be confused by your assumption that most Tai Chi teachers are female. Now, if you are allowed to have physical contact without actually hurting someone, I would recommend Aikido or Hapkido. These arts were specifically designed to subdue an attacker without injuring them which is why it is used by the Tokyo police force.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just so folks know, the OP (who is apparently dealing with severe mental health issues) has apparently been banned. He's been banned before at least a couple of times, but periodically creates new accounts to try coming back.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just so folks know, the OP (who is apparently dealing with severe mental health issues) has apparently been banned. He's been banned before at least a couple of times, but periodically creates new accounts to try coming back.
Ah right yeah I figured that was the case, there was clearly something not quite right.. some valid comprehensible posts here and there then others I just couldn't make any sense of..

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score

He's scared of females. I don't think ballet is the way to get away from females.

In fact, some of my teenage Taekwondo students balked when I suggested they take ballet until I mentioned that girls love ballet.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
The 'art' doesn't apply...the individual applies. It the individual wants to apply peacefully then do so, or it can be applied violently.

Tiger86

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ah right yeah I figured that was the case, there was clearly something not quite right.. some valid comprehensible posts here and there then others I just couldn't make any sense of..
Do you want me to agree? In Iraq they are all troubled somehow and noone dares to say his mentally sick. I don't because i don't burden others. I'm not a leech.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you want me to agree?

No I don't. Just trying to be aware of the situation as it is, not looking for agreement.

In Iraq they are all troubled somehow and noone dares to say his mentally sick.

Everyone has their own 'stuff'. For sure. Some definitely have it deeper than others. I've been through my fair share of horrendous issues. I guess that's a particular label that's valid when it's clear there is something within another that's abberating from reality. It's not a 'shaming', a 'wronging', nor is it a judgement at all, in any sense. But to deny it's affecting one's life just delays them from getting better...

I don't because i don't burden others. I'm not a leech.

We never said you were. Some have had trouble understanding some posts, that's all. And it makes it challenging to communicate on a forum. That's all.

Tiger86

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've always lived for myself and MA physical and mental. I was spiritual. I gad achieved wu wei, doing by not doing. Then they captured me and gave me alot of nonsense diagnosis. Then after three years of torture i started wishing for death, by wu wei. I had never wished for death.

I entered healthy and came out sick. Of the hospital. Their more. But more stipid. More coward.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've always lived for myself and MA physical and mental. I was spiritual. I gad achieved wu wei, doing by not doing. Then they captured me and gave me alot of nonsense diagnosis. Then after three years of torture i started wishing for death, by wu wei. I had never wished for death.

I entered healthy and came out sick. Of the hospital. Their more. But more stipid. More coward.

Okay, that may be the case, and I'm very sorry that it's been so difficult for you. But there's a lot more help available than the hospital. Even much gentler approaches. Spiritual concepts only go so far, and you can easily hide behind them to avoid dealing with painful stuff. I see it alot... real spiritual work is actually done with humility and raw honesty, and in admitting to yourself that I can't of myself do this, and accepting help around you.

Tiger86

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I could of myself before i was fucked down. Tortured and deprived my virtue and honesty and humility. They captured me because i worshipped Allah, allowing me to be in wu wei. They were jealous.

Stop disbelieving in wu wei. And the judgement day. Pay attention AND take responsibility.

And you don't need to comfort me and give me advice. Because i've realized vu wei and you can't get any higher. I know.

I've realized Islamic prayer is my martial art. The peaceful one. And ink.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tiger86

I am not trying to be rude, this is a serious question - is English your second language? If so, I can honestly say you type it better than a lot of my family members. Their texts are even harder to understand. What is your first language?

If you do not mind me asking, who "captured" you? Where were you when they did? I am not trying to get into your personal situation, but you did bring it up.

Seriously, I'm not talking down to you, I am really trying to understand your situation.

Btw - I am a Muslim and and believe violence is not haram, if used to defend ourselves or the people we love. You might wanna rethink your approach to violence. I can assure you - if someone tried to "capture/torture" me, I would respond with utter viciousness and be comfortable that my Lord did not consider it a sin.

Lastly - I am sorry to hear you went through the things you did.

Oh one more thing - Wu Wei is defined as "doing nothing" or "without struggle". "The Struggle" is an important element of Islam. Subscribing to two opposing ideologies might cause some inner conflict, so just be aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions