What is stronger offense or defense?

Are you a offensive fighter or defensive fighter?

• Offensive

• Defensive

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
C

Chiduce

My system is extremely defensive. I like the part about not being there. That is excellent defense. I also see defense as a very good offensive; particularly in the legal circle. To us, defense is the best offense. Though, in the freaky extreme there is not a choice of being offensive. It develops out of the necessity of a will to live free of fatality. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

OP
S

SolidTiger

Some people think a good offense is defense, and some people think a good offense is a good defense. Some people like to jump
in the air a lot when they fight, some like to fight on the ground.
What I'm trying to say is that everybody fights there on way, if it's defense or offense. That's why fighting is so great, there is so
many differant styles, it's kind of like all the styles cancel each other out.

Thank You

SolidTiger

OP
B

Bushido

Originally posted by SolidTiger

Yes I agree you need both are you will be in a lot of pain, but
is it not possible to have one skill greater then the other?

By our physical nature and our character, we have a tendency to be more defensive or more offensive. That is why we must adapt our training to fill some holes in our technique.

-Bushido

OP
S

SolidTiger

I agree that you must challange all of your weaknesses, thats the only way you can make yourself a better fighter by improving on what you are weak in.

Thank you

SolidTiger

OP
B

Bushido

Offense is sometime a good defense. :boing1:

-Bushido

OP
S

SolidTiger

Originally posted by Bushido

Offense is sometime a good defense. :boing1:

-Bushido

Sometimes a good offense is a good defense, it goes both
ways...

Thank You

SolidTiger

OP
S

sweeper

well all I said was ali didn't outfight forman, I'm not saying he didn't win or he cheated, just that he didn't outfight him and there fore the example doesn't apply well to the question at hand. Also forman didn't know the ropes had been loosened, if he did know he might have changed his strategy.. I tihnk it was a particularly creative method of winning but I don't think it is realy a good example of deffence.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

"No one fights a perfect fight"

Because there is nothing called a perfect fight.

That's why fighting is so great, there is so
many differant styles, it's kind of like all the styles cancel each other out.

Could you explain your understanding, because I would say that they fill each other out, not cancel....

/Yari

OP
B

Bushido

Sometimes a good offense is a good defense, it goes both
ways...

Thank You

SolidTiger

True. Personnaly when I teach and train, it's maybe 60% defense and 40% offense. You cannot win a fight without protecting yourself, but both are important. Like I sais, they are like yin & yang. (To me, the same thing goes with striking and grappling-but that is another subject.)

-Bushido

OP
S

SolidTiger

The yin and yang is great ancient China wisdom, it represent the opposites of life. Some use it as a fighting philosophy, On my uniform is the patch of a yin yang.

Thank you

SolidTiger

Latest Discussions