What is "American Ninjutsu"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
This is the kind of thing that I am wanting to understand about how they differ........seem what I mean? Things like RTMS does spinning back kicks, American Ninjas do XXXXXXXX, Japanese Ninjas do XXXXXX......stuff like that.
Not bound by traditionalism, it allows the integration of current methodologies, technique, and weaponry that are applicable to the perils of modern day society.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
Not bound by traditionalism, it allows the integration of current methodologies, technique, and weaponry that are applicable to the perils of modern day society.
I disagree with this. It implies that traditionalists are unable to deal with modern situations.

Jeff

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I disagree with this. It implies that traditionalists are unable to deal with modern situations.

Jeff
i don't see it that way. it just states that it is open to new weapons and tactics that are around today. just depends on how you read it.

peace

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Enson said:

I see......so does this mean you train with modern weapons like an AK-47 and things along those lines?

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i don't see it that way. it just states that it is open to new weapons and tactics that are around today. just depends on how you read it.

Again...your wording gives the assumption (incorrectly) that the Bujinkan, Genbukan and Jinenkan do not.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Enson said:

peace

So having said that.....what kind of modern weapons and tactics are you training/in with?

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hrmmm..... I'm surprised that no one has addressed the spewage that was sojobow's last post. :rolleyes:

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's because there comes a time when you look at a post and know there's just too much typing involved to be worth it.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
i don't see it that way. it just states that it is open to new weapons and tactics that are around today.

But the same thing can be said about the groups centered in Japan. Hatsumi has a book out on knife and pistol fighting, Tanemura has a video on how to use collapsing batons, etc.

Right now we have a thread in the forum devoted to arts centered in Japan on knife fighting. A troublemaker stepped in and said that the subject was not appropriate to the "Traditional Ninjutsu" section. This despite the fact that the description listed says that the forum is about arts found in Japan, and no mention of having to deal ONLY with old style stuff.

If the title of this forum is "modern", then no matter how many disclaimers and notices you give, I think that people will be unwilling to talk about pistols in the traditional section and swordsmanship here.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Valid concerns, and one which we can hopefully address as appropriate. My understanding is that the X-Kans do study "modern" weapons, and adapt the older techniques for use against their modern equivilent.

I also understand that the "moderns" study some of the traditional weapons, and in many cases work in the tweaks to deal with the modern variants.

I don't see a vast difference in the end-result, just how you get there.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
My understanding is that the X-Kans do study "modern" weapons, and adapt the older techniques for use against their modern equivilent.
Adapting sword retention techniques to pistol retention is a good example of this.

Jeff

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I see......so does this mean you train with modern weapons like an AK-47 and things along those lines?
what i'm trying to make clear is there is allowances for new weapons. whatever the instructors in each school feel they want to integrate. not just say, "the ninja never used it so either will we"... i.e. tonfa, nunchuku, ninja to etc. each school is different so there might very well be some schools that teach ak-47 or how to fly a fighter jet. ours doesn't because those planes are darn expensive. hope this helps.
imo the bujinkan don't count as a ninjutsu school because from what i have read here, they only have a few kata that teach ninjutsu. also hatsumi is the founder of his style so he can integrate whatever he wants to... this just isn't the place to discuss hatsumi and the bujinkan.

peace

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
imo the bujinkan don't count as a ninjutsu school because from what i have read here, they only have a few kata that teach ninjutsu.

So, how many kata do you guys have that teach "ninjutsu"?? ;)

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
So, how many kata do you guys have that teach "ninjutsu"?? ;)
"American Ninjutsu is not restricted by a few set “kata,” but a comprehensive art form in and of itself. It embodies a variety of martial arts technique including: taijutsu (unarmed combat), kenjutsu, shurikenjutsu, metsubishi, koppojustu, stealth, bojutsu, evasion, war tactics, combat strategy, and invisibility. Not bound by traditionalism, it allows the integration of current methodologies, technique, and weaponry that are applicable to the perils of modern day society."
this is from the charter. hope this helps.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gee, that doesn't sound like Budo Taijutsu at all. Nope, nope, nope. :rolleyes:

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Hrmmm..... I'm surprised that no one has addressed the spewage that was sojobow's last post. :rolleyes:
Perhaps is it because some truth was within the post whether one admits it or not? The post was an attempt to open honest dialogue from another point of view.

Here is my first highlight statement: If its true, NASA, we have a problem as Kaith's opening would reveal some real logistical flaws. The greater problem is that its seems we constantly must have other's not Neo define what a Modern/Neo constitutes. Who is representing the Neo at these conventions on Ninjitsu? I do hope they have an open mind and leave their pre-conceived notions at the meeting room door.

First Statement: "*Neo-Ninjitsu ryu ha trace their "roots" to the Sun Tzu era and specificly to Tzu's "Art of War. To a Neo, this is the beginning of the evolution of the moniker "Ninjitsu";"

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Enson said:
in one word... "yes". can't you read?:rolleyes:

ashida kim, frank dux, ha ha lung all claim to do things as done in japan. take your ignorant arguement somewhere else.
none of the frauds claim to do things for the american culture.
This is blatantly false and, besides being counter-productive to this very important thread, is also counter-productive to what we all hope you grow to achieve here. We're all pulling for your success.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
sojobow said:
This is blatantly false and, besides being counter-productive to this very important thread, is also counter-productive to what we all hope you grow to achieve here. We're all pulling for your success.
according to the charter this would not be false. it all depends on what is claimed. if your hanshi claims to do things as done in japan... which he does... then he should belong in the jn section. the ones "currently" (this means there can be additions)accepted are ones claiming to do things for the american culture.

*note* thanks for pulling for me!;)

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
if your hanshi claims to do things as done in japan... which he does... then he should belong in the jn section.
Except nowhere in the charter for that section does it make allowances for lineage claimed through a James Bond character, so he won't be joining us... ;)

Jeff

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Except nowhere in the charter for that section does it make allowances for lineage claimed through a James Bond character, so he won't be joining us... ;)

Jeff
lol lol! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.