What I learned this Year

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
A Few thoughts that have crystalized this year

1. Love and Kindness are never wasted. Even if the person seems to be oblivious everyone needs these things. The closer the person is to the nadir of their life the more love and kindness they need.

2. People ultimately do what they want. They then come up with whatever justifications, reasons, excuses ( pic your semantic) to make this choice the "right" one. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago.

3. Time and Truth. Those things in the shortest supply and the highest demand are the most precious and coveted. Not everyone deserves them.

4. My new definition of Irony. Using semantics to justify ?ethical behavior.

What did you learn this year

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What a wonderful idea for a thread!

I can add more to this later, but the main thing I learned this year is that obstacles are challenges and not catastrophies.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This year i learned the following:

Although i noticed it right away, it took me a while so realize that to give up oneself for someone else is not always a wise move.

If someone hurts you even slightly, it is best to at least take a step back or put some distance between.

A relationship can only work if both truly want it, if both listen to each other and are prepared to do stuff the partner wants to do and not just one person get to decide what to do and when.

Swearing and cursing are rarely good reactions to a given problem.

j

Latest Discussions