What has happened to P ussy Riot's Nadya?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why is Vladimir Putin scared of 24-year-old Nadya Tolokonnikova? What have his people done to her? Why won't they let her family contact her? Nadezhda (Nadya) Tolokonnikova, the Russian artist and activist who leads the provocatively named punk rock band Pussy Riot, was thrown into a car by Russian prison authorities three weeks ago, according to Amnesty International.
After an international campaign, including an Amnesty International petition, the office of the Russian ombudsman now says that authorities have confirmed suspicions that she is on her way to a prison camp in Siberia, thousands of miles away from her husband and her small daughter, with an Orwellian claim that the move aims to "promote her resocialization."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/opinion/ghitis-nadya-pussy-riot-missing/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

2 years in jail for protesting in a church, and a possible death sentence for daring to be critical of ex KGB thug Putin.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Pretty crazy of him to make her disappear. I can see normal people that vanish all the time but shes kinda famous people would be looking for her.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it serves notice to the little people to keep their head down.

I mean, they let well known people disappear, you know the little guy doesn't stand a chance!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it serves notice to the little people to keep their head down.

I mean, they let well known people disappear, you know the little guy doesn't stand a chance!

You say that, and yet, you support the policies of a man whose "leadership style" is closer to Putin's than any president since FDR, who, in case you forgot, approved the internment of thousands of American citizens because they were Japanese. Damn those racist republicans, oh, wait...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You say that, and yet, you support the policies of a man whose "leadership style" is closer to Putin's than any president since FDR, who, in case you forgot, approved the internment of thousands of American citizens because they were Japanese. Damn those racist republicans, oh, wait...

LOL, what?

Dude...you don't make a lick of sense.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Two members of Russian punk band Pussy Riot, who were serving two-year jail terms for their part in a performance critical of Russian President Vladimir Putin, have been released from prison. Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova were released about two months before their prison sentences were due to end. The release was approved last week when Russian lawmakers backed a sweeping amnesty law announced by Putin.
"Two months out of the almost two years that the girls have served is not much," Tolokonnikova's husband, Pyotr Verzilov, told CNN. "So the effect of this amnesty for Maria and Nadezhda is not really felt."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/23/world/europe/russia-pussy-riot-member-freed/

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether its true or not that Russian sentences can be extended on a whim -- that could be the biggest value to the amnesty. Either way I am glad they are free.