What happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
when you are confronted with a real bad *** from bad *** land and he wants everything you have and you vowed to never ever fight again.

1) Give him everything every time he wants it.

2) stand your ground and let the chips fall as they will

3) movee to a deserted Island with nobody else

Please give the reason for your answer?

Terry

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
when you are confronted with a real bad *** from bad *** land and he wants everything you have and you vowed to never ever fight again.

Terry

I think I have seen this movie...;)

Circumstances would have to be considered for me. I don't think I am any kind of bad *** myself, so...hard for me to say. I don't believe I would give him everything he wants every time he wants it, I would probably get myself out of the situation for the time being and try to find a solution. If my family were threatened, that would be a different story.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
terryl965 said:

Terry

I am not a bad man, I have been bested in the past. However, if it came down to it I would let the chips fall where they may. I have never backed down when it mattered.

However, when I begin I am not going to tap dance either. I will try and make sure it is quick.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:

Terry

I've often considered option #3, even without anyone threatening me..:ultracool

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:

One, I'd never vow to not fight again... Two, let the chips fall where they may, if need be make an example of them. Most bad asses are trying to make a point, to establish dominance. As the old country saying goes "The toughest dog in the yard isn't fighting to lead the pack he is sleeping on the portch..." i.e. if you need to act like a bas *** you are not a bad ***... may be I should have that made into a shirt? lol

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
Use the legal system. That's what it's there for.

Jail doesn't better the criminal types, it makes the criminals better at what they do...

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark said:
Jail doesn't better the criminal types, it makes the criminals better at what they do...

You sound pretty confident of yourself in making that assertion. So, instead of using the laws we have in place, specifically for this type of situation, you'd opt to circumvent the law, placing yourself at risk of being on the receiving end of a prison raping?

Interesting idea, but not a school of reason I'd choose to adhere to.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
You sound pretty confident of yourself in making that assertion. So, instead of using the laws we have in place, specifically for this type of situation, you'd opt to circumvent the law, placing yourself at risk of being on the receiving end of a prison raping?

I have enough convicts in my family to know who ineffective the prison system works. I'm also well equanted with how ineffective the legal system is, in most cases.

Here is the basic concept of legally defending yourself:

If say mugged:
1) Did you give them your wallet? If not it wasn't self-defense...
2) Did you try to run away? If not it wasn't self defense...
3) Did you "win" the fight? Wait you contued to repond to the precieved aggression of another, it wasn't self-defense...

Legal Case for the victem who was mugged:
1- Can you prove they mugged you? If you don't have "proof" witnesses or video you can't proove they mugged you.
2- He assaulted me claim: Can you prove you didn't attack him when he confronted you about a racist comment you made? Oops it wasn't a mugging he is just tryint to get out of the fact he started a fight and threw the first punch.

Nuff said..?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:

Terry

Step 1) Give him everything he wants just do not go with him or allow others to go with him.

Step 2) If someone's life is at stake or will be if they are forced to go then I let the chips fall.

Step 3) Look for a nice place with no treaty with the US :(, maybe some small island.

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark said:
I have enough convicts in my family to know who ineffective the prison system works. I'm also well equanted with how ineffective the legal system is, in most cases.

Here is the basic concept of legally defending yourself:

If say mugged:
1) Did you give them your wallet? If not it wasn't self-defense...
2) Did you try to run away? If not it wasn't self defense...
3) Did you "win" the fight? Wait you contued to repond to the precieved aggression of another, it wasn't self-defense...

Legal Case for the victem who was mugged:
1- Can you prove they mugged you? If you don't have "proof" witnesses or video you can't proove they mugged you.
2- He assaulted me claim: Can you prove you didn't attack him when he confronted you about a racist comment you made? Oops it wasn't a mugging he is just tryint to get out of the fact he started a fight and threw the first punch.

Nuff said..?

No, actually, not nuff said. Having a degree in administration of justice, being pre-law, and having ten years working for lawyers that represent multiple federal and municipal governmental entities, I'm probably in, at least, somewhat of a position to disagree with your analysis on the ability of LE and the legal system in general. If you can demonstrate that you had a reason to believe you were being threatened with physical harm, or someone attempted to harm you, then you have the right to use reasonable force to defend yourself. As an American citizen, you are NOT required to back down from a fight when threatened. You are not allowed to exceed the scope of what could be considered reasonable force in your response, however.

I'm sorry you have had bad experiences, but I have seen the legal system work for many people, inluding children, who were completely unable to defend themselves. So, I don't think I'd be too pretentious in believing that your assessment of the legal system is, well, not accurate.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
I'm sorry you have had bad experiences, but I have seen the legal system work for many people, inluding children, who were completely unable to defend themselves. So, I don't think I'd be too pretentious in believing that your assessment of the legal system is, well, not accurate.

Why is when people disagree with you they bring their certifications to reenforce their ideas. Ok I come from a family of career criminals, only male in my family not to go to jail, I'm an MP in the reserves, my mom was a paralegal and I work with police, and fedral marshals from three states. Simply put, I've seen the legal system fail, and badly. The legal system works (like everything else) if you got the money, if not you are screwed...

Neither one of us is argueing its perfect, we'd be morons if did. Nothing made by man can last, or be absolute and to say it works or doesn't work is based on cercomstance. How does the event appear as opposed to what is really happening; there are four side to a story in court, what the defendant says, what the plantiff says, what the police say, and the truth. 3 of 4 are all subjective, all four are considered a reality based on perspective.

And unless you can back up your claims it doesn't work. Also you need to look at the police interpetation of the events; can they see it a self-defense or just two dumb yahoos fighting. Muggings, assaults and rapes sadly like UFOs require a form of evidense or else its just a story...

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark said:
Why is when people disagree with you they bring their certifications to reenforce their ideas. Simply put, I've seen the legal system fail, and badly. The legal system works (like everything else) if you got the money, if not you are screwed...

Neither one of us is argueing its perfect, we'd be morons if did. Nothing made by man can last, or be absolute and to say it works or doesn't work is based on cercomstance. How does the event appear as opposed to what is really happening; there are four side to a story in court, what the defendant says, what the plantiff says, what the police say, and the truth. 3 of 4 are all subjective, all four are considered a reality based on perspective.

And unless you can back up your claims it doesn't work. Also you need to look at the police interpetation of the events; can they see it a self-defense or just two dumb yahoos fighting. Muggings, assaults and rapes sadly like UFOs require a form of evidense or else its just a story...

I'm sorry for saying this: but that is just silly. There is always a witness. So that's the fourth side, because truth is more perspective than actual reality. And, poor people in clear-cut circumstances prevail all the time, you just don't hear about it on the news. As for the credentialism, it was only to avoid having to state them later.

I can, however, back my claims. Your assertions seem to be based more on personal experience than any actual genuine knowledge of the legal system. Again, I won't argue that you may have been dealt a bad hand; I still think you have a warped--and defeatist--view of the Justice system.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
gixxershane said:
why would i vow to never fight again????

Just what I was thinking. A very signifigant part of why I study martial arts is the "martial" component. I know it, i will use it if there is no other option.

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
Just what I was thinking. A very signifigant part of why I study martial arts is the "martial" component. I know it, i will use it if there is no other option.

Some of us are ring fighters. The thought of "reality" equates to fighting the best ring fighters one can in a certain weight class, at a certain skill-level.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
I'm sorry for saying this: but that is just silly. There is always a witness.

No there isn't as much as I hate statistics, most crimes happen with limited notice. I can stab a guy in a bank parking lot and throw his body in my trunk, and be on video the whole time. But if there isn't evidence in the sign of blood or a body or a reason to examine the video then chances are no one will check.

My view of the Legal System is the same as my view on any system created, used and maintained by humans, its doomed to fail at some point. No man or woman is perfect and there for nothing they create will be perfect either. Its not defeatist but realistic, I'm the guy who drinks the water and places the "empty glass" on the table then reminds everyone it was never truly empty since there was always air, germ, etc in the glass as well... ;)

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Still, I think it's BS; when you can come up with anything more than basic opinion--and dramatics, i.e., heresay, you let me know. Until then, it's been duly noted, and as quickly disregarded.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
Still, I think it's BS; when you can come up with anything more than basic opinion--and dramatics, i.e., heresay, you let me know. Until then, it's been duly noted, and as quickly disregarded.

Then how many men have been sentenced to the death penalty and were later found to be not guilty? There are people who have served time and years later where found to be innocent? Its all documented...

read the first paragraph here http://www.weeklywire.com/ww/08-04-97/slc_cb_b.html

Here is another report http://www.quixote.org/ej/grip/reasonabledoubt/index.html

Or here http://prodeathpenalty.com/Innocence.htm

Now thats the death penality shall we speak of lesser crimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions