What fiction book are you currently reading?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Samurai Cat Goes To The Movies.

I read the first three volumes of Samurai Cat, and recently discovered that three more had been written. This is volume 5. Sometimes the humor is a bit overdone, but he's got some pretty funny stuff in there.

The last volume is Samurai Cat Goes To Hell. That's next.

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Still trudging through the Complete Chronicles of Conan but I have also started reading Red Country by Joe Abercrombie and so far that is swiftly becoming my favourite book of his.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the movie's too. So far I can't put the book down. Netflix also has an excellent documentary for streaming about the author Ayn Rand.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm reading Encounter with Tiber by John Barnes and Buzz Aldrin, yes, that Buzz Aldrin.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I ever get to the end of Atlas Shrugged (it's longer than I like) I think I may reread Shogun by James Clavell.

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Started the Night Lords trilogy and swiftly churned through Soul Hunter and I am ripping through Blood Reaver now. Aaron Dembski-Bowden is definitely becoming my favourite Black Library Author and he sure does know how to write those pesky Space Marines.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Been a while, with my son we have been audio booking the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan, which is excellent. Think Aragorn or one of his fellow Dunedain taking on a 15 year old apprentice, it isn't Tolkien based but clearly drew inspiration from it.

I just finished up "Shattered Hourglass" by J.L. Bourne, the third book in the Day by Day Apocalypse series. Sort of had to force myself to finish this one, and that is disappointing because the first two were pretty good. Meh.

A while back I picked up a stack of old Heinlein books at the thrift shop, so just read "Starman Jones" and "Farmer in the Sky" for the first time. Good, not as good as many of his other juveniles, but good reading. I have "Red Planet" next in line.

I started CJ Cherryh's s "Inheritor" but it seems dry and isn't sucking me in, hoping it gets better.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Going back through Brad Thor's Scot Harvath books
I want the last Clancy book...
Read Midkemia: the Chronicles of Pug by Raymond Feist, on my kindle. The artwork didn't translate to b/w well, I read parts on my iPhone, I think I may have to buy the hard copy.

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
After having a break to catch up on my comic reading by completing God Hates Astronauts (rather odd and definitely left of centre stuff) and Kick *** 2 I have returned to the Night Lords Trilogy and I am currently 100 pages into the final book, Void Stalker. If you like your games workshop stuff and have a particular penchant for heritcal traitor space marines then I heartedly recommend these books.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just started A Game of Thrones, yes, yes, late to the party and all that...
I admit the HBO series prompted me... Free HBO this weekend, season 1 was on all day yesterday...