What fiction book are you currently reading?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Summer Knight by Jim Butcher, because the library ALWAYS ships series out of order

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Death Masks by Jim Butcher.
I turned on the text to speech on the kindle. That is creepy. Maybe if I was reading i Robot...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Blood Rites by Jim Butcher. I find an author I like, I read everything they have written, in order, as fast as I can.
He killed a VAMPIRE with a 20lb FROZEN TURKEY that FELL FROM THE SKY.
Come on, Omar, you gotta love that...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey Big Don, what do you think of the kindle? Which one did you get?
Best legal thing I have ever spent money on. The Kindle Keyboard 3G. Ebay via friend at karate $85. I read markedly faster on it for some reason. I think I would like the touch screen version just because I am half afraid of wearing out the "NEXT PAGE" button, so I use both.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Sandman Slim and Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey. They are sort of like a very down and dirty version of urban fantasy, first person perspective and lots of foul language, which totally works for the character and the people he is hanging around with. In general it is alot of fun.

Ethan of Athos by Lois McMaster Bujold, - a little jaunt into an corner of the Miles Vorsigian universe, seems serviceable and entertaining enough so far.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did everyone else quit reading?
I'm now reading The Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher. Different. Romanesque Sci Fi. I like it.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:grins: No, I haven't quit reading, tho' I am playing far too much LOTRO :eek:. I am gradually getting through "Towers of Midnight", book thirteen of the "Wheel of Time".

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Citadel by John Ringo
The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
edit: Also I started reading the Narnia series to my son, so we started with "The Magician's Nephew," this is fun because I haven't read it since high school.

Last edited:

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Citadel by John Ringo
The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
edit: Also I started reading the Narnia series to my son, so we started with "The Magician's Nephew," this is fun because I haven't read it since high school.

I loved those books as a kid. Glad you are reading them in the right order as opposed to the published order.

Latest Discussions