What fiction book are you currently reading?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm reading some escapist vampire fiction right now by E. E. Knight. There's an entire 'Vampire Earth' series, but I'm only into the opening chapters of the first volume, titled 'Way of the Wolf'.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Read 6 Sacred Stones and 5 Greatest Warriors by Reilly. Now reading Footprints of God by Greg Iles

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right now I'm reading nothing. I have a WEB Griffin book sitting on deck, but the release of the new James Bond novel Carte Blanch by Jeffrey Deaver is all that I'm stuck on. Too bad it was released in the UK yesterday and not for another 2 weeks here.

So now I'm avoiding all my favorite Bond sites. Makes me sad.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right now I'm reading nothing. I have a WEB Griffin book sitting on deck, but the release of the new James Bond novel Carte Blanch by Jeffrey Deaver is all that I'm stuck on. Too bad it was released in the UK yesterday and not for another 2 weeks here.

So now I'm avoiding all my favorite Bond sites. Makes me sad.

o_O
o_O
:xtrmshock
:eek:
:eye-popping:
:jaw-dropping:

Are you alright?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm fine. The next thing I read WILL be the new James Bond novel. Nothing is gonna even come in the way of that, distract me in any way, just not gonna happen.

Now I am really concerned...
That's like 10 books that remain unread until then!

You mean, like, really? you can wait that long?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How is that series? I've been hearing some good things, but I'm leary of "supernatural in the modern world" novels. So much of it devolves into bad zombie fiction...
Very entertaining, I like it. Someone mentioned it in this thread. That is where I heard about it.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How is that series? I've been hearing some good things, but I'm leary of "supernatural in the modern world" novels. So much of it devolves into bad zombie fiction...

If you want something good in the "Supernatural in the Modern World" check out Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt Casebooks series. The first book has a bit of Zombie involvement in it, but not in the typical fasion... and it's NOT a zombie story. There is just a bit of Zombie in it, and then the rest of the series is mostly a dark, brutal Vampire power struggle.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you want something good in the "Supernatural in the Modern World" check out Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt Casebooks series. The first book has a bit of Zombie involvement in it, but not in the typical fasion... and it's NOT a zombie story. There is just a bit of Zombie in it, and then the rest of the series is mostly a dark, brutal Vampire power struggle.

Are these sexy emo vampires? I'm all sexy emo vampired out...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are these sexy emo vampires? I'm all sexy emo vampired out...

No, these are brutal hardcore thuggish Vampires. The books read more like Hardboiled PI novels than anything else.

The vampire mythos gets a healthy dose of attitude a la Raymond Chandler in Charlie Huston’s singularly cool Already Dead, a savage and sardonic novel that blends blood-sucking fantasy and horror elements with the hard-boiled style of noir thrillers.
Joe Pitt is a vampyre living in post-9/11 New York City. On an island ruled by all-powerful and very politically diverse vampyre clans Pitt is a loner, surviving by doing various odd jobs for clan bosses. When he becomes indebted to the Coalition and is strong-armed into finding the runaway daughter of a biotech magnate, the undead amateur detective begins a treacherous mission that will lead him through the dark underbelly of Manhattan and pit him against brain-eating zombies, drug-addicted squatters, warring vampyre factions, and his most base desire: the need to feed.
Huston is primed to blow the socks off of yet another genre audience with Already Dead, a novel that introduces a rousing new twist on one of literature’s oldest and most popular myths. Simply put, this is an absolute must-read for dark fantasy, horror, and mystery aficionados, as well as mainstream fiction fans looking for something a little off the beaten path.

HammockRider

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The Destroyer #122-Syndication Rites . The Mafia gets involved in the stock market and Chiun discovers the joys of country music. Nothing but the classics for me!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like Omar said: I envy you for the experience of reading it for the first time! :)

Christopher Moore 'Fool'