What ever happened to Kwonkicker

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wondered a while ago what ever happened to Kwonkicker, since I never saw any new videos from him for some time. Then with this video, I saw he has tinnitus (contant ringing sound in the head), likely from competing.

It's really a sad case as a person would never expect that, and it doesn't get better with time. It reinforces my belief that competing in tkd isn't good for health, but general classes are.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've had tinnitus for the last 30+ years. Hasn't stopped me from training. Yeah, it's annoying but most of the time, it is just background noise and I tune it out.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wondered a while ago what ever happened to Kwonkicker, since I never saw any new videos from him for some time. Then with this video, I saw he has tinnitus (contant ringing sound in the head), likely from competing.

It's really a sad case as a person would never expect that, and it doesn't get better with time. It reinforces my belief that competing in tkd isn't good for health, but general classes are.

If he quit training claiming tinnitus is the reason, I gotta think there is more going on. Sure it can be very frustrating at times but it isn't a life ending condition. I have 5 plates on my noggin and have tinnitus pretty bad. My severity index is scale high but it is really just a big nuisance.