What Do You Think Are The Best Self Defense Weapons?

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I believe only females should be allowed to carry pepper spray or stun gun in public.

Only guys with clear record and living in high crime area should be allowed to get permanent to carry pepper spray.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe only females should be allowed to carry pepper spray or stun gun in public.

Only guys with clear record and living in high crime area should be allowed to get permanent to carry pepper spray.

Yeah. You're not sexist at all.
I'll keep my gun, thanks.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So obviously males don't get attacked, robbed or raped.

Stun gun?

Males to get permanent what?

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Females do not have a monopoly on getting attacked.. Trust me on this.

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah. You're not sexist at all.
I'll keep my gun, thanks.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Yes normally the case why people can't have tasers or pepper spray in public is fear of robbery and used on females.

People say that if you allow guys to have tasers or pepper spray in public than rape and robbery on females would go up. Than reason why you cannot have tasers or pepper spray in public.

But law allowing only females to have it could pass with out massive protests of females saying that robbery and rape on females would be very high if they allow it.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Pepper spray is not much use in a confined space. Even worst if you are downwind

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People say that if you allow guys to have tasers or pepper spray in public than rape and robbery on females would go up. Than reason why you cannot have tasers or pepper spray in public.

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone saying that. But, then, I've never seen a unicorn either.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes normally the case why people can't have tasers or pepper spray in public is fear of robbery and used on females.

But law allowing only females to have it could pass with out massive protests of females saying that robbery and rape on females would be very high if they allow it.
Where is this? Who are these "people"?

Blaze Dragon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Something I think is worth considering is in regards to an article I read that my brother sent me a while back.

Choosing a knife to carry

the point is you might be all ready to go and have your awesome tactical survival weapons from hell and any attacker is going down...but yeah you get in the situation and your @$$ is in jail for murder. I think something to keep in mind is your weapon of choice needs to be practical and something that you could justify having in a court of law. The article I posted recommends staying away from anything that is auto open, or is called "tactical" if it's a blade. a knife should be a utility weapon that you applied to self defense...

I think the same goes for anything you are considering using, brass knuckles, taser, shuriken, spikes, collapsible baton, kubotan etc. Can you defend in a court of law why you where carrying it? convince a judge and your peers that you needed to have it on you for self defense? and that you used it as a last resort? That you where not looking for trouble?

self defense is about being the one to walk away when S*#t goes down. It doesn't mean being battle ready for a gang fight. IMO

Just some food for thought...

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Something I think is worth considering is in regards to an article I read that my brother sent me a while back.

Choosing a knife to carry

the point is you might be all ready to go and have your awesome tactical survival weapons from hell and any attacker is going down...but yeah you get in the situation and your @$$ is in jail for murder. I think something to keep in mind is your weapon of choice needs to be practical and something that you could justify having in a court of law. The article I posted recommends staying away from anything that is auto open, or is called "tactical" if it's a blade. a knife should be a utility weapon that you applied to self defense...

I think the same goes for anything you are considering using, brass knuckles, taser, shuriken, spikes, collapsible baton, kubotan etc. Can you defend in a court of law why you where carrying it? convince a judge and your peers that you needed to have it on you for self defense? and that you used it as a last resort? That you where not looking for trouble?

self defense is about being the one to walk away when S*#t goes down. It doesn't mean being battle ready for a gang fight. IMO

Just some food for thought...
As I mentioned in post 114 this did happen to me. I walked into a gang fight from an alleyway and was grabbed from behind by two guys. The police question the fact that I had a knife. Possibly lucky for me the other people arrested told the police that at no time did I draw it. Carrying 'anything' that might be used as weapon may be used against you. People have eyes. They have testicles. Why carry anything?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in post 114 this did happen to me. I walked into a gang fight from an alleyway and was grabbed from behind by two guys. The police question the fact that I had a knife. Possibly lucky for me the other people arrested told the police that at no time did I draw it. Carrying 'anything' that might be used as weapon may be used against you. People have eyes. They have testicles. Why carry anything?

If you are legally allowed to carry, the answer is simple. Because street fights are not tournaments. There IS no fair play or equal chances. I'm going to do anything I can to stack the odds as far in my favor as possible. For me, in the USA, that means I carry a gun at all times and in all places where it is legal to do so.

Latest Discussions