What Do You Think Are The Best Self Defense Weapons?

cloud dancing

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
300 year old Illini Indian throwing stone inside end of my 4 inch wide brown yellow silk belt sash. allows heavy hits.distance from opponent and throws with sash.Legally is simply sash I'm wearing with artifact inside of it. flashlight seems most legal of weapons to use if large light.shine around area.see what's going down. Clear mind from doing minimum one hour meditation,style taught by Prem Rawat.I don't allow strangers inside my 1 meter body circle.prevent anyone from violating my space. Heard of old guy who took out 3-4 young-uns with squirt gun filled with ammonia.Inside a bar.Stay inside the LIGHT avoid DARKNESS.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
300 year old Illini Indian throwing stone inside end of my 4 inch wide brown yellow silk belt sash. allows heavy hits.distance from opponent and throws with sash.

You wear a sash on a daily basis?

I don't allow strangers inside my 1 meter body circle.prevent anyone from violating my space.

That must be tough to do in crowded places. What would you do you do in elevators, etc.? Back into a corner and flail with your sash? Or wear oppressively strong cologne? :p

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Of course the best weapon is your brain. And outrightly avoiding any dangerous situation, places and people.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A gun, the bigger the caliber the better.

Although there was a time when this was true, it no longer is. The damage done by a handgun with modern ammo is pretty much the same regardless of caliber. The only way we can tell what caliber the gun was is to find the bulllet and measure it. Doesn't mater if it's a little .380ACP or a .45. The damage to the body is identical. What matters with modern ammo is shot placement. Not caliber.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is a new kind of ammo with the acronym RIP. You get hit by one of these it splinters and spreads out in a sun radial pattern all over your body causing ballistic impact lacerations damage to all your internal organs. Ensuring death. In other words turns your insides into hamburger. One bullet will definitely do the job.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
But even with this ammo I will still double tap just to be sure.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a new kind of ammo with the acronym RIP. You get hit by one of these it splinters and spreads out in a sun radial pattern all over your body causing ballistic impact lacerations damage to all your internal organs. Ensuring death. In other words turns your insides into hamburger. One bullet will definitely do the job.

Not true. That's their advertising, but the ballistics do not support the claims. It's expensive and has far less penetration than is ideal. In actual testing, the core of the bullet provides adequate penetration, but the trocars will only cause superficial injuries.
You're better off with a good quality conventional defensive round such as the Hornady Critical Defense or somesuch and spend the money saved on range time.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not true. That's their advertising, but the ballistics do not support the claims. It's expensive and has far less penetration than is ideal. In actual testing, the core of the bullet provides adequate penetration, but the trocars will only cause superficial injuries.
You're better off with a good quality conventional defensive round such as the Hornady Critical Defense or somesuch and spend the money saved on range time.
Oh I see, thanks for the tip, I guess since it is designed to splinter at impact the trade off is that the penetration will be off. Thanks:)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I see, thanks for the tip, I guess since it is designed to splinter at impact the trade off is that the penetration will be off. Thanks:)

I'm going to add the caveat that I have not yet seen a patient shot with the RIP ammo. I am basing my statements off ballistic jelly testing and my experience with other types of gunshot wounds.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well I guess the verdict is still out until someone really gets shot with the RIP then.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well I guess the verdict is still out until someone really gets shot with the RIP then.
DD and I have seen plenty of people shot. Leave the Gimmicks alone stick to professional high quality ammo. Anything with a zombie or RIp or any other gimmick just leave it alone

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Not really. Ballistic gel is pretty good stuff. If anything, a human torso is likely to result in even less penetration of the trocars as they deflect off the ribs.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DD and I have seen plenty of people shot. Leave the Gimmicks alone stick to professional high quality ammo. Anything with a zombie or RIp or any other gimmick just leave it alone
Well...
Hornady sells their zombie ammo. It's exactly the same as their Critical Defense (excellent ammo, and what I have in my carry guns) except that the plastic cap is green instead of red.
The RIP ammo is just a gimmick and I expect it to vanish.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Latest Discussions