What Did this Boxer do Right or Wrong? Thoughts?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Turned his back before they were done? Apparently, behind the trees, there was another round going on, judging by the sound. Could have been fatal for the boyfriend. One is bad enough but, two on one, and then, them being angrier, and out for revenge? Big no no. I think it was an intentional attack, he did the right thing, initially, but, if you start, make sure you finish!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Things done right: 1-Quick defense, no time for them to "set" by running his mouth. 2-Ignore girlfriend trying to get him to stop, 3-Biggest guy down first, just from a psychological point.

Things done wrong: 1-Walking away with one standing and the other still able to stand. 2-Strolling away instead of "making some time" away from the situation. 3-Walking away with one standing and the other still able to stand. 4-Walking away with one standing and the other still able to stand. And did I mention walking away before the job was finished?

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to agree with bydand on all points. The situation didn't end just because he was finished punching them, his punches didn't seem to hurt either guy, just pissed them off.

He was extremely lucky that the second guy backed off and didn't go after him, he spent alot of time between the two of them, never a good idea.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He was extremely lucky that the second guy backed off and didn't go after him, he spent alot of time between the two of them, never a good idea.

To expand on this, if the second guy (black jacket) had made an aggressive move as the "boxer" was crossing in front of him, the boxer would have been in serious trouble.

He didn't appear to have any idea how to line up multiple opponents.

Also, he lets one of them get between himself and his girlfriend.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Someone else posted that same video here on MT... dang if I can find it now even with searches... was it removed?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The biggest thing that was done wrong in my opinion was that he didn't grab his GF and high tail it out of there quickly, after "round 1." He instead choose to be tough and hang out for "round 2," which in my opinion could be a deadly mistake on the street.

As to lining up multiple opponents; there is what works in theory and in training and what happends in a fight. In a fight, the tendency is to focus on the nearest available threat until that threat disappates. You really have to attack immediately and overwhelm the opposition; to do so you most likely will have to hit the nearest threat without discression. Then you apply other principles of keeping one guy between the other (for example) only if your able too in the midst of and as a natural part of your attack on your opponents. If you try circling around and doing other things without attacking while doing so, your done for.

Paul

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He didn't teach his girl any skills ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it just me or did it seem like the Boxer was not hitting very hard?

He seemed to stun the two idiots, but they seemed to get back up without incident once he moved past. He didn't draw any blood either...with how vascularized the face is...it doesn't much impact for the face to start bleeding.

The other thing that struck me is that this looked like it was set up almost too well. Someone just happened to have a handheld camera watching?

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think the only real mistake is the one that is being mentioned over and over...he walked away. He should have either stomped the crap outta those two or ran or better yet, stomped them and then ran.

As to him not hitting hard....hard enough to knock them both down is hard enough. Most likely not Hollywood looking enough for many but he did a nice job of forcing the action and the pace before the other guys could even set themselves.

My guess is that someone saw these two Romales outside their window about to fight and started filming. Could be set up but why?

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The thing he did wrong was throw the first punch. The boxer would certainly be charged with, and convicted of, assault.

The hit looked accidental. Even if it wasn't he cannot continue to use force if there is no threat of continued harm. One of them was putting his hands up in a "calm down" sign and engaged to defend his friend. Then it just turns into a testosterone fueled schoolyard fight.

The boxer should be arrested.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
The hit looked accidental. Even if it wasn't he cannot continue to use force if there is no threat of continued harm. One of them was putting his hands up in a "calm down" sign and engaged to defend his friend. Then it just turns into a testosterone fueled schoolyard fight.

I thought it looked accidental at first, until I watched it again. You can see both of the guys look at the approaching couple then the guy who swings his arm looks over his shoulder first before hitting the girl. I've seen that "calm down" sign used to get somebody to drop their hands then get belted right in the mouth by the same guy who was urging him to "calm down." It looks good to somebody looking on, but isn't what is intended 90% of the time. Arrested? I'll let the liberals and common sense argue that one out to the end.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought it looked accidental at first, until I watched it again. You can see both of the guys look at the approaching couple then the guy who swings his arm looks over his shoulder first before hitting the girl. I've seen that "calm down" sign used to get somebody to drop their hands then get belted right in the mouth by the same guy who was urging him to "calm down." It looks good to somebody looking on, but isn't what is intended 90% of the time. Arrested? I'll let the liberals and common sense argue that one out to the end.

I watched that part about 20 times back and forth too. It just doesn't make sense any other way. Those two were in a heated "discussion" - I've walked right into lampposts when distracted in conversation. His arm make contact in such a weird way that I can't see how anyone would hit that way. Even if he meant it but wanted it to look accedential it would have been different.

As for the last bit. I'm certainly no liberal, but I am tough on stupidity.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I watched that part about 20 times back and forth too. It just doesn't make sense any other way. Those two were in a heated "discussion" - I've walked right into lampposts when distracted in conversation. His arm make contact in such a weird way that I can't see how anyone would hit that way. Even if he meant it but wanted it to look accedential it would have been different.

As for the last bit. I'm certainly no liberal, but I am tough on stupidity.

Walking into a lamppost and elbowing a woman walking by are two totally different things. Nothing weird about the way contact was made either, elbow to the face. Watch it for the 21st time, he looks over his shoulder before swinging his elbow right in her face, just because he doesn't hit with the knuckles doesn't make it weird. I'll stand by my original answer, he stopped too soon.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Walking into a lamppost and elbowing a woman walking by are two totally different things. Nothing weird about the way contact was made either, elbow to the face. Watch it for the 21st time, he looks over his shoulder before swinging his elbow right in her face, just because he doesn't hit with the knuckles doesn't make it weird. I'll stand by my original answer, he stopped too soon.

*Even* if it was intentional he had no legal right after *at most* the first punch. There was no continued threat of force.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am in agreement that his girl needs some skills and that he stopped a bit to soon. Him and his girl are attacked. That to me says that you don't stop until the two guys are out of service. I also see that he is over-extending in an attempt to reach them. He forget that if he takes the body the head will follow. The one thing I like is that he divided them up and took i to them one at a time.

I will give one thing to the girlfriend, she took a shot to the mouth and didn't go out like a light.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The thing he did wrong was throw the first punch. The boxer would certainly be charged with, and convicted of, assault.

There is no way that hit was accidental, the guy looked over his left shoulder as they passed and then looked over his right shoulder and let fly, that isn't an accident, that's a setup. The 2 guys were hoping for a confrontation that they could take advantage of, what they got was somebody who decided to pre-empt them.

Latest Discussions