What did Santa bring you?

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohh, got a late present coming. It is a strength trainer and exercise bar. It fits over and under a doorframe. It has two padded prongs at either end. Top pull/chin ups, and that swaying side to side thing. Bottom the usual ground exercises. Excited :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
i got a new bo staff(purple heart wood)... and a new pair of boots for camping :)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! My knee actually felt good enough today that I was able to go to the gym and try out my new climbing shoes. (I did a short session just in case I start feeling it later.) Felt good!

The way I felt on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I was worried that I'd be out of training for a month. Reverse heel hooks are no joke.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Woo hoo! My knee actually felt good enough today that I was able to go to the gym and try out my new climbing shoes. (I did a short session just in case I start feeling it later.) Felt good!

The way I felt on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning I was worried that I'd be out of training for a month. Reverse heel hooks are no joke.
Good to hear

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A whole bunch of Cabelas gift cards. Yahoo! :)

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The fat bastard brought disease and pestilence into our house. Both SWMBO and I have been sicker than dogs since Christmas. This is the nastiest case of the flu I have ever had.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
I got stuck with my two kids for two weeks.......family bliss.....yeah right....i am yearning for my quiet office tomorrow :android:

Nah seriously, some clothes, some tools and some seriously sore muscles from conditioning class yesterday......

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mainly this Yuletide I got quality time with relatives, friends, ate lots og good food, relaxrd and gained a few pounds that I`m just starting to burn :D

Wht did Odin (don`t let fhis red outfit and te goats dressing up as reindeer fool you) give me? Hmm soap, shampoo, towels that kind of things, an interesting book, a year`s subscritpion to an interesting online magazine.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Late post, sorry, I got this amongst other things, the blade is okay as a standardish run of the mill goes but the fire starter/flint is the best I have ever had, it really does start off a fire in pretty miserable weather:

upload_2015-1-12_14-47-47.jpeg

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Late post, sorry, I got this amongst other things, the blade is okay as a standardish run of the mill goes but the fire starter/flint is the best I have ever had, it really does start off a fire in pretty miserable weather:

View attachment 19147
That looks way cool. Could you post a link to the manufacturer?

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, the flint is also magnesium coated, not sure if that will last or if they have fully impregnated it with the magnesium, but as a result as long as you can get your hands on a bit of tinder you'll start a fire most anywhere. Link below (you should be able to find a local distributor or order easy enough off the web):

Adventure

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the flint is also magnesium coated, not sure if that will last or if they have fully impregnated it with the magnesium, but as a result as long as you can get your hands on a bit of tinder you'll start a fire most anywhere. Link below (you should be able to find a local distributor or order easy enough off the web):

Adventure

Stick your firestarter in a baggie, along with some cotton balls that have been coated with Vaseline. You will never ever have the slightest difficulty starting a fire again.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Stick your firestarter in a baggie, along with some cotton balls that have been coated with Vaseline. You will never ever have the slightest difficulty starting a fire again.
Hmmm, many strange and often useful bush-craft tips and lore have been passed my way over the years (including how to keep yourself warm with a dead sheep's carcass and half a dozen clothes pegs) but I have not had that one run by me before! Thanks! : )

We should start an Op on members' weird, not so obvious, but useful wood-craft tips...

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cotton and petroleum (vaseline)... two of natures more flammable substances... :)

Latest Discussions