What CMA do you Practice?

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bowser, still recovering from hurricane so sorry about delay. Actually, Dallas and Richardson specifically is my hometown, and my Shaolin master lives in Mckinney. Jeff lives here when not working all over the world and Leung Shum is in NYC. I was in Dallas a few weeks ago to train and see family with my wife. I met Sifu Azzolini years ago when he was in Carollton, Tx at a very nice school there. I also have known Sifu Jimmy Wong and his seniors for almost 25 years, and Grandmaster Johnny Lee in Richardson for 27 years (he wrote my intro in Chinese/English to Sigung Shum in 1983 when I moved to NYC). It would be great to meet you sometime and intro you to my Shaolin teacher and classmates. Been with him almost 20 years. It is amazing after 31 years how many great people you meet in the arts!!!

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
By the way, your Sifu would have to travel to the California retreat now, since Dr.Yang only teaches there most of the time while his son teaches in Boston. Dr. Yang is suppose to teach in Boston in January or February for a week or so, last I heard. My sifu here will be back in the states in October but I doubt he will open a school again. Fro chin na, Yang tai chi,long fist, or southern crane, I practice once a week with my senior bros here/classmates, and teach 3 other days a week. I also travel to Dallas to learn from my master there, and get with my 25 year long Ying Jow eagle claw bro in Atlanta to train eagle claw with and 2 times a year to NYC to learn from my semi-retired Ying Jow master.

Your sifu could come here to learn some stuff from us or Jeff when ever he is in Houston or just get together and we can exchange fun stuff!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
By the way, your Sifu would have to travel to the California retreat now, since Dr.Yang only teaches there most of the time while his son teaches in Boston. Dr. Yang is suppose to teach in Boston in January or February for a week or so, last I heard.

Boston Seminars
February, 2009
http://www.ymaa.com/seminars

Taijiquan and Qigong

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
By the way, your Sifu would have to travel to the California retreat now, since Dr.Yang only teaches there most of the time while his son teaches in Boston. Dr. Yang is suppose to teach in Boston in January or February for a week or so, last I heard. My sifu here will be back in the states in October but I doubt he will open a school again. Fro chin na, Yang tai chi,long fist, or southern crane, I practice once a week with my senior bros here/classmates, and teach 3 other days a week. I also travel to Dallas to learn from my master there, and get with my 25 year long Ying Jow eagle claw bro in Atlanta to train eagle claw with and 2 times a year to NYC to learn from my semi-retired Ying Jow master.

Your sifu could come here to learn some stuff from us or Jeff when ever he is in Houston or just get together and we can exchange fun stuff!!

That would definitely be fun, but he jsut had a kid, and also works full time outside of running the school. The man has a full schedule :p Someday maybe.

sahng

White Belt
Reaction score
i practice northern shaolin m.a. and i practice bagua too. i do practice 1 southern style, cai li fo/choy li fut.
vcdTongbei.gif

clf5.jpg

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I understand Bowser, I too have a full time job, family, etc., but do find time to workout for 45 minutes to 1 hour in the morning before work and 4 times a week 2-3 hours in the evening in martial arts, way less than use to when would train 5-7 in the morning, go to work,and then 6-9 at night 5 days a week, and then 4 hours Saturday and Sunday. I am now on my third and last wife...LOL!! I went back to school in 2004 getting my MBA while doing the other stuff but it was worth it. CMA's benefits include learning time management, and being efficient in movements and deeds!!!

sparky12

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have studied Bak Sil-Lum for about 14 years. Lineage to Master George Hu. SIFU also studied under Master Feeman Ong fo several years.

7starmarc

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep, 7star, that is correct. Do you know him?

My sifu does, and has done some training with him. He's come out a few times to SoCal and given some seminars (most of them before my time, I've only been to one of them).

Codeboy

White Belt
Reaction score
My sifu does, and has done some training with him. He's come out a few times to SoCal and given some seminars (most of them before my time, I've only been to one of them).

That's cool. I never knew Sifu to go to California but that could have been before my time (more than three years ago). Who is your Sifu?

Whirlwind Palms

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I too, am new to the forum, though a long time dabbler in the martial arts. I primarily practice baguazhang (of the Gao and Cheng Ting Hua branches) presently, though have had experience in Taijiquan (Yang and Chen), Muay Thai, Kali and Escrima. I have also have some exposure to Penjak Silat Bukti Negara and Aikido...

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Amazing last couple of comments makes me realize how small circle Kung fu is!! I have known John Cheng since he was 12 in Texas, George Hu is a master here in Houston and one of my best friends is one of his seniors in PM, Ba Gua, and Suia Chiao. Another thing I like vs. other arts! Anyone in over 20 years knows who the legit masters etc. are usually. Just an observation from an old-timer!

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
Amazing last couple of comments makes me realize how small circle Kung fu is!! I have known John Cheng since he was 12 in Texas, George Hu is a master here in Houston and one of my best friends is one of his seniors in PM, Ba Gua, and Suia Chiao. Another thing I like vs. other arts! Anyone in over 20 years knows who the legit masters etc. are usually. Just an observation from an old-timer!

Do you know any of the masters in the system that I do? Do you know Master John Dufresne, Sijo Rusty Gray, Master Bruce Linville, Grandmaster Tim Pickens, or Great Grandmaster Dr. Wing Loc Johnson Ng? I was just curious as to how well known my teachers are. Also there is Master Tom Pardue, Master Eric Nesson, and Master Frank Sexton?

The system that we all teach/study is Ng Family Style Kung Fu. It is heavily influenced by Six Harmony Kung Fu & Sil Lum Kung Fu.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny hearing all you guys talk about Cheng Sifu and Chung Sifu. I haven't been active on these boards in quite some time, but I never used to find anyone in my family on here back then. Its good to see you guys on here. Ninebird8, if you knew John Cheng back then you must have known my sifu Brandon Jones as well? And my sigung Raymond Fogg?

7starmarc, I have been to your school many times. I am a Ja Gau in the exchange and have been training with your sihings and sifu for years (whenever we can get from Texas to Cali or vice versa). Good to see you on here.

AC

OP
Nitedragon89

Nitedragon89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It is good to here from a fellow 7 star practioncer from the TX schools and is sigung fogg and sifu jones?
Funny hearing all you guys talk about Cheng Sifu and Chung Sifu. I haven't been active on these boards in quite some time, but I never used to find anyone in my family on here back then. Its good to see you guys on here. Ninebird8, if you knew John Cheng back then you must have known my sifu Brandon Jones as well? And my sigung Raymond Fogg?

7starmarc, I have been to your school many times. I am a Ja Gau in the exchange and have been training with your sihings and sifu for years (whenever we can get from Texas to Cali or vice versa). Good to see you on here.

AC

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
NineStarMarc, I have known Raymond since 1981 as well. In 181, Sigung Fong opened his school in Marshall,Tx. the first Exchange school. John at that time was 12 and I was 22, having trained already for about 4 years. There is a video of that demo where John is holding to my shoulder and I to his, and his left leg, my right leg are held straight up! I have only met Sigung Chung twice, both times at Tai ji Legacy in Dallas. I have met Brandon Jones but do not know him as well as either John or Jeff Hughes,who is now studying eagle claw under the Lau branch as well as mantis,so he is now a second cousin to me in one of my styles. Seems eagle and mantis cannot escape each other!!

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Jade I know who Mr. Dufresne, Sijo Gray, and Grandmaster Pickens are. Never met them but know by reputation in the Ng system.

Mei Hua

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I study/teach Honan Bei Shaolin Mei Hua Chuan, lineage is through Sidaigung Seung Hwa Cheung

northern tiger

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi! New member here from Sweden. I practice a style that many people are not very familiar with called Siu Lam Ng Jing Kyun (yes, I know it's the same as the form from Hung Gar). It's a southern five animals style practiced in France and Sweden where our systems grandmaster and his family live after the cultural revolution.

I won't bore you with details, instead you can find information on http://www.fiveforms.org. The website is in swedish so use babbel fish.

I also have some training in Kyokushin Karate, Judo, Silat and Yang Tai Chi. Nice to meet you all.

Latest Discussions